Swap meet concerns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Larry May View Post
    I am riding almost every day, weather permitting, and still going to ride to Utah april 1st
    Good for you, Larry, and have a great time.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

It’s not an AMCA meet, but I was notified that the big Pate Swap Meet in Texas has been moved to October 1-3.

Pate is a good early season meet and the last handful of years have had a decent showing of old bikes with Cherokee Chapter involvement.

So, just FYI for anyone that was planning to attend that.

Comment

There are a few of us who are still willing to take risks, knowing we're at an age when there are not many more chances to take those risks.Unfortunatly,we are drowned out by the many that do not see it that way. So,, how long must we wait? At my age every day is a blessing !
        So, like it or not we have to maintain hope,& try not to kill something !

Comment

Looks like there will be no swapmeets until big brother says so.

Comment

I do believe all gatherings will be banned for at least the next few months and maybe even longer.
            Craig (Delaware)
            Delaware Bay Chapter
            Perkiomen Chapter
            AMCA Member #1011

Comment

I suspect that by the time swap meets come back around funds will be in short supply.
              Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by rickgeo View Post
                There are a few of us who are still willing to take risks, knowing we're at an age when there are not many more chances to take those risks.Unfortunatly,we are drowned out by the many that do not see it that way. So,, how long must we wait? At my age every day is a blessing !
                So, like it or not we have to maintain hope,& try not to kill something !
                Amen Rick, I am trying to adhere to all the regs, however I am not going to quit living until the Good Lord says its my time, I am 73 and have been blessed with pretty good health, for which I am very thankful, but I think riding is great therapy if your are able and allowed to do it, just my thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
                  I'm betting it blows over by Davenport...
                  A dollar says you're wrong.

Covid26March2020.jpg

Originally posted by rickgeo View Post
                  There are a few of us who are still willing to take risks,...
                  You're missing the point. The issue isn't whether or not you're willing to take risks for yourself. It's that you taking that risk with Covid-19 can result in you exposing dozens of unwilling people to the virus before you even exhibit symptoms. Being kept away from crowds isn't to save you from yourself, it's to save the rest of us from you.

Comment

I like the optimistic views but as they say,sometimes the pessimists are better informed.
                    Tom

Comment

I'm betting it blows over by Davenport...

....Cotten
                      PS: http://chiefblackhawk.org/ see ya there,..
                      Originally posted by BoschZEV View Post
                      A dollar says you're wrong.
                      Yer on, BoschZEV!

If I lose, you can collect it at booth AG30, by the race gate.

...Cotten
                      Last edited by T. Cotten; 03-26-2020, 01:17 PM.
                      AMCA #776
                      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Yer on, BoschZEV!
                        It's a bet I'd love to lose. But, I rely on data and scientific facts, not wishful thinking, so I'm afraid the $1 will be mine.

Comment

Originally posted by BoschZEV View Post
                          It's a bet I'd love to lose. But, I rely on data and scientific facts, not wishful thinking, so I'm afraid the $1 will be mine.
                          I sincerely hope you are there to collect, BoschZEV!

....Cotten
                          AMCA #776
                          Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

I sincerely hope you are there to collect, BoschZEV!
                            Me too. I'd like nothing better than to be able to hand you the $1 in early September.

Comment

I think it is good that each local chapter will decide if able to have a meet. As an eternal optimist I still think that Fort Sutter Dixon meet will celebrate their 20th anniversary meet on time in late June.��✔✔✔
                              #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

Originally posted by KNUCK View Post
                                As an eternal optimist I still think that Fort Sutter Dixon meet will celebrate their 20th anniversary meet on time in late June.
                                Optimism shouldn't ever blind one to reality. Today the U.S. passed China in the number of confirmed cases, despite China having 4¼x the population, and despite it being impossible for most people in the U.S. even to be tested yet. The number of new confirmed cases in the U.S. continues to double every two days. Every day additional hospitals report they've exceeded their capacity, have displaced other patients, are converting other wards for Covid cases, and a seeing patients die because they have a severe shortage of ventilators. It's an understatement to say the data don't look good for that meet at the end of June.

Comment

Working...
                                X