• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on this 48 Pan

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1948-Harley...ece4%7Ciid%3A1

Buddy of mine is interested. Looking for expert opinions on correctness etc
    Thanks in advance!

I'm no expert, but luggage rack is not OEM and seat is modern aftermarket. Looks like beautiful bike to me, but they all do. No idea what it should sell for.
    Fletcher Clark Johnston
    AMCA #282

Comment

Below are 5 of 22 ebay photos.

Photo 1:

Photo 2:

Photo 3:

Photo 4:

Photo 5:

[END]
      Fletcher Clark Johnston
      AMCA #282

Comment

Originally posted by Jdiesel25 View Post
        Buddy of mine is interested. Looking for expert opinions on correctness etc
        Looks very nice and mostly correct to me. Wish I had those spot-lights. D rings are wrong for '48 but so what.?. I like it.
        Last edited by droptopford; 08-29-2020, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Outer primary is incorrect for 48. It is for later bike with compensating sprocket. Some of the finishes are questionable but overall, nice looking machine.

Comment

'48s do not have D-Rings. Chrome buddy seat hardware is incorrect, ignition switch cover (or whole switch) is aftermarket. Header pipes should be silver.
            Last edited by Rubone; 08-29-2020, 09:09 AM.
            Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thanks for uploading these photos.

One criticism of the ebay posts on CAIMAG was when you went through old posts to see something about a specific post the listing would be long gone. Making the whole thread pointless.

Trevor
              1943 WLC
              Bowen Island, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by gitguy View Post
                Outer primary is incorrect for 48. It is for later bike with compensating sprocket. Some of the finishes are questionable but overall, nice looking machine.
                I just came across this thread and I was curious about the 2 bolt orientation of the inspection cover, should they be in a vertical pattern as opposed to what we see as a horizontal pattern?

Comment

Originally posted by RobertWeigand View Post
                  I just came across this thread and I was curious about the 2 bolt orientation of the inspection cover, should they be in a vertical pattern as opposed to what we see as a horizontal pattern?
                  The cover on that bike is a reproduction, not OEM, so wrong on every level. However the 3 and 9 o'clock position is correct for '48.
                  Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Tell your friend to buy the bike and enjoy it. It’s a wonderful motorcycle. Don’t worry about it being politically correct.

Comment

Bidding ended Sept 1st.

Comment

I asked the seller if that 48 sold. He said it did sell but he didn't say what it actually sold for. I was curious because I have a 48 in similar condition.

Comment

how do you know if a luggage rack is aftermarket? Just bought one, can't tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Thor View Post
                            how do you know if a luggage rack is aftermarket? Just bought one, can't tell.
                            Thor, H-D never built one of those racks, they are all aftermarket. However there is period aftermarket (Comiskey are stamped) but also Nation-Bilt and others. Paughco built repops for a long time and now most are Chinese from V-Twin and others.
                            Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Working...
                            X