Norton Manx Klamfoth 1948

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norton Manx Klamfoth 1948

I am looking for race programs from the year 1948 that have the serial numbers of the bikes entered as I am trying to verify that I do indeed have Dick Klamfoth's 48 Manx which he won the amateur 100 miler at Daytona that year and won Laconia etc. with. I don't care about buying the program , I am just looking for the info. Alternatively , if someone had info on the bikes that his sponsor that year, "Smitty", campaigned ,that info would help narrow it down . Approximately 25 Manx were sent to North America for the 48 season and I believe Smitty got 5 of these. My bike came from a Mr. McCain somewhere in Michigan. The previous owner claimed for 30 years it was Klamfoth's 48 bike, Dick himself has looked it over and says it could be but I would like to obtain more definitive proof. In my searching I have made many other " serial number" discoveries so if you have a Manx etc. or other North American dirt tracker and want to know who raced it I may be able to help! Thanks, Cheers, Barry

manx

i,m looking for any info you might have on a manx ridden by Ray Hyland in the 47 200 i believe he also rode in 48 thank you dave

Comment

Barry, I Have the 48 program, I can scan it and email if you need, I need the info out of the 57 program if you have it for my norton

Comment

Hi Dan. I have the 1957 Daytona programme. What info do you need? As far as I am concerned I only need to know the serial number of Klamfoth's amateur bike for 1948. The D ​ aytona programmes do not list these and most other racing programmes do not unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
        X