A Taste Explosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Taste Explosion

We're trying to beat the heat out here with lime-aids. You need to make a concentrate syrup. You need a bag of limes, an electric juicer (they're cheap. Get one that has a ceramic stone that sits open in a plastic spout dish. (The simpler, the cheaper, the easier to clean-up, the better). Save a couple of SnappleŽ bottles and the caps. Juice the limes and funnel the juice into the bottle(s). Fill them with lime juice 3/4's full, and fill the remaining almost 1/4 bottle of juice with squeeze-bottle honey. Note: Don't hold back on the honey. This is your only chance to sweeten the syrup. Once the syrup gets cold, it won't mix. Don't blow it. Taste it first. If it takes the top of your head off, it's not sweet enough. Pour on the honey (which seems less acidic than the liquid sugar in CokeŽ and not as hard on your teeth and fillings).
    Cap the mix and shake. Put the syrup into the refrigerator and then go get plastic bottles of the cheapest Club Soda you can find (.99 cent ShastaŽ is the cheapest around here). Buy about 5 or 6 bottles. Have 4 of them in your ice box at all times.
    Pour about 1/2 to 3/4" of syrup into the bottom a big glass and fill it with cold "club" soda. No need to stir - will send the sweep-hand of the applause meter to "10".

Super Heat-Beating Drink

It was cool in Miami today (only 80 F.) but I tried your recipe with some local Key Lime juice instead of the store-bought type (frozen from crop of last summer) Excellent drink! My 11 year-old wants to set up a stand in the front yard and sell the stuff.

Roy

Comment

Florida probably has alot of honey. You need alot. About one third of the juice in the jar should be honey. If you put cold juice into honey, well, then we've blown-it. Limes need to be room temp. Honey needs to be room temp.
      I try and "kill" myself some nights (like tonight!)... half a Dr. Pepper in a big stable-bottom glass, along with a generous squirt of Hershey's Chocolate syrup aimed towards the bottom, (even though there is no "chocolate" in it), from a 48 oz. "Family Size" squeeze bottle, and a couple plugs of Bryers 98% fat-free vanilla ice cream (with real vanilla bean specks). (Total fat on the "nutrition-label" is 2%... .brah,...nothing with 2% fat is going to kill youse.) They sell low-fat Bryers at alla stores ..."2 half-gallons for 6. bucks". Everywhere... Any supermarket... You can get two full-glass "sodas," using two lumps of ice cream per glass, out of one can of Dr. Pepper/Coke. Another taste explosion.

Comment

Working...
      X