Knuckle, Pan & Flathead Rebuilds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knuckle, Pan & Flathead Rebuilds

I posted about this before under another name, but find the need to reinterate about the value of having Mark Stettler rebuild your motor. I was at his shop yesterday morning to pick-up three of his M.M.I "classroom notes" binders on two and three brush generating systems for our next book. His tips and diagnostic charts. Their place is a spotless workshop with every tool necessary (in house) to build exemplary bottom-ends. I get no compensation for advertising this fact, only my satisfaction of sending you to a person that will build your 61 or 74 cu.in. motor to last. I had a Pan motor built wrong by a friend...once, and I know the grief of hearing a bottom-end knock at 5,000 miles. Stett is a Harley-Davidson factory (phd) trained technician with the correct tools and mechanical discipline to build the motor right the first time. It is "he" that builds your motor. One person. No one else will touch it. That is the perceived value I wish to impart. If you can't afford to have your entire motor built, then build a short block. You can always get a set of heads later. But, to have a living master mechanic hand-build your motor...how important is that, with a Knuckle, Pan or Flathead? You can contact Michelle @ (619) 590-8282
    (Mon-Sat 10-5 PST) and talk about it.

Engine rebuilds

I'm new around here and would like to add another shop that does quaility work and also does it all in house. Nothing is sent out. The shop is American Cycle Fabrications in bloomsberg Pa. Owned and operated by Paul & Barbara
    address is 7175 Columbia Blvd ( RT 11 ) Bloomsberg, Pa. 17815
    Ph 570-752-8715 or try there web site at www.americancyclefab.com. Hope I didn't step on anyones toes with this message.

Comment

The more builders the better.

Comment

That Carl fella in SD does great work at a fair price also. What's your number Carl?

Comment

Carl's Cycle Supply
          38518 142nd Street
          Aberdeen, S D 57401
          605-225-5702
          carlcycle@nrctv.com

Thanks for the reference Paul, first one to the bottom of the mountain wins.

Comment

Welcome. I'll be on ORG Nat. RR. Looking to crash in a less than capacity room. I no fart, no talk, no snore, no late night drunken ruckus. Well, maybe one night.

I'm replacing the fr rim on the wee Triumph. I cranked the spokes to pull an old bent rim back in line. This in turn pulled the drum out of round. The addition of a properly functioning front brake will be fun. Maybe less resistance when it is trued up. Ehhhh... the tire ran fairly straight. But now it will be bang on.

I will check my modern sealed bearings. I feel it's cheating in a way.....

Have you ever run a tappered bearing with just oil? For a short period....(race). I'd be curious to do a no load -stop watch test on that action. How long would it take for a bearing to burn out with just oil lube?
            Ahhhhh if only we could swap out for purpose built bikes for down hill rrrrroller rrrrrace'in. It will be fun I'm looking forward to it.

Spent 9hrs rebushing the fr forks on the IND SS. What a pain- had to make a jig for the top piece. The T post and upper were hogged out pretty bad. Progress is happening. Slooowly.

Comment

Originally posted by k.perry View Post
              I posted about this before under another name, but find the need to reinterate about the value of having Mark Stettler rebuild your motor. I was at his shop yesterday morning to pick-up three of his M.M.I "classroom notes" binders on two and three brush generating systems for our next book. His tips and diagnostic charts. Their place is a spotless workshop with every tool necessary (in house) to build exemplary bottom-ends. I get no compensation for advertising this fact, only my satisfaction of sending you to a person that will build your 61 or 74 cu.in. motor to last. I had a Pan motor built wrong by a friend...once, and I know the grief of hearing a bottom-end knock at 5,000 miles. Stett is a Harley-Davidson factory (phd) trained technician with the correct tools and mechanical discipline to build the motor right the first time. It is "he" that builds your motor. One person. No one else will touch it. That is the perceived value I wish to impart. If you can't afford to have your entire motor built, then build a short block. You can always get a set of heads later. But, to have a living master mechanic hand-build your motor...how important is that, with a Knuckle, Pan or Flathead? You can contact Michelle @ (619) 590-8282
              (Mon-Sat 10-5 PST) and talk about it.
              Hello ,
              New member here and I just saw this... I have a 58FL that’s needs the engine gone over...
              Where is Mark located? Every shop I have found won’t take in anymore work...☹️☹️☹️
              Thank you Steve...

Comment

T-Bone @ Bone-A-Fide Cycles.
                309-382-2525
                Pekin Illinois.
                Highly recommended.
                AMCA #765

Comment

Originally posted by len dowe View Post
                  T-Bone @ Bone-A-Fide Cycles.
                  309-382-2525
                  Pekin Illinois.
                  Highly recommended.
                  T-Bone knows his manifolds, Folks!

Did a '40 OHV for him last week.

(He could have driven here twice for the price of postage.)

....Cotten
                  Last edited by T. Cotten; 11-10-2019, 01:32 PM.
                  AMCA #776
                  Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Working...
                  X