Bosch magnetos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosch magnetos

I am in the process of doing some research on Bosch magnetos.
    Possibly for an article or maybe and small book similar to Doc
    Shusters tretise on Corbin Magnetos. At present I am doing the necessary research. It is slow but coming along. Is there anyone on the list that has any Bosch literature they could copy for me.
    Primarily I am interested in the ZE1 and ZEV models as these were used by the majority of American manufacturers until WWI.
    I have a list of all the serial numbers from 1905 -1912 but 1913-1924 (I think Reading Standard was still using them til the end). It would be helpful so I could figure out which changes were made which years. Also a list of which bikes used Bosch which
    years. For instance Indian used Bosch until WWI when they became unavailable then switched to Splitdorf Aero, then the S-1and S-2, later the NS-2 and finally changing to Edison-Splitdorf
    RM. Even if I could get a few bike owners with Bosch mags to give me the year and serial number it woould help.

You still around? I would be interested in talking with you about Bosch magnetos. Terry

Comment

He's working out of the country the last I heard.
      Louie
      FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
      Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
      YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

Thanks, Louie,
        I have a pile of ZEV's that I am looking to restore.

Comment

Great article on magnetos in the current Club magazine, part 2 in the next issue.
          Doug.
          Doug McLaughlin #6607
          NorCal, USA

Comment

Originally posted by D.Mac View Post
            Great article on magnetos in the current Club magazine, part 2 in the next issue.
            Doug.
            I'll second that! It was a really great article and I look forward to the next installment.
            Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

Hi,
              I guess you already seen this, but great info on Bosch magdynos on this web page:
              http://histor.ws/dmag/desintro.htm

-Mats

Comment

Working...
              X