Excelsior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excelsior Dating

I thought it might be an appropiate time to bring this earlier discussion on Excelsior dating back up as although the questions asked at the time were not answered it may assist with some of the dating questions being asked elsewhere on the forum.

Tommo

Comment

Just having a browse.... I know its an old thread but...

For anyone still interested in the vin nos,
      www.yesterdays.nl have bikes fom the years 1910,12,14,17,18,22 all showing the bike and vin numbers

Comment

1914 Excelsior twin serial number

I checked the 1914 2 speed I am assembling now and the engine number is 59313. The "patina" of the engine cases and the original clutch housing on the 2 speed would make me think that this is the original engine to the bike. Hope this helps, Paul

Comment

has anyone got the breakdown for the singles??

aka HAWG

Comment

I just looked at yesterdays.nl and they only have a couple of Excelsiors, a 1917 and a 1920. I didn't see serials for either although they might spit them out if you asked. Paul

Comment

I just remembered. They have an Excelsior single motor for sale.

Comment

Midco Generator

What years does the Midco generator fit? It has the shaft at the same height as a bosch magneto, has a single oblong coil on top as well as the switch box on the rear. I have one for sale. I will have it on my table at Oley.
                Thanks
                Mark Masa

Comment

Midco Generator

I can't make Oley. My email is vennepaul@gmail.com. I'm interested. Just got my bike up on tires and am going to see if the pistons are good and if the early 1914 cylinders will fit the 1916 crankcase. Have extras. Thanks, Paul

Comment

Knut
                    can you contact me?
                    I send sevaral emails to you but no response...
                    I send email to @stim.no @hotmail.com
                    @steria.no

on every account I could find and nothing

have few excelsior questions as I have similiar bike as yours

Best regards
                    Marcin

Comment

Hello , is this discussion still alive ? my 1912 Excelsior engine number is 17190 , you can look at all the Excelsiors that www.yesterdays.nl have sold by clicking on 'links' then 'archive' then 'motorcycle archive' , their 1911 engine has sold , it sports engine number 1887 BUT this looks wrong as if the numbers between 1&7 have been polished out and two upside down '8's' have been stamped ?? , they have had a good number of American bikes for sale - Harleys , Indians , Hendersons , Excelsiors and even a Cleveland Centuary , I wish I had their magic wand !!!
                      Marcin , have you tried to contact Knut via his ''profile'' , maybe the best way ? good luck with your rebuild , Ken

Comment

Hi
                        I tried few times and eaven succeed
                        but only once and never again
                        but I'm doing rather well with bike
                        parts appear from time to time so
                        I have some perspective of ending this bike in future

regards
                        Marcin

Comment

Excelsior Autocycle engine numbers

Hello,
                          I have a Excelsior Autocycle model 4 C with 1913 features such as the large oil cap and small gas cap style tank, Corbin band brake, primary chain guard,
                          one year only right crank arm, and saddle bar. But the engine number starts with 16XXX which would put in the 1912 range. The engine appears to be original to the bike.

Comment

There was a 16xxx single listed in the old Excelsior-Henderson roster as a 1914. I come across several 19xxx 1913 singles. The serials for the singles of that period seem to be somewhat mixed.

Bob Turek
                            # 769

Comment

My 1914 Excelsior model TS (2 speed) is #59313. Sure. Thanks, Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X