Battery rod tie down dog leg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery rod tie down dog leg

Pictured is an early 37-57 and later 58-64 (I think those years are correct) and both of them I believe are original. Can someone confirm for me that the earlier one is suppose to have that dog leg as pictured or did somebody put those bends in it. The reason I'm asking is because the aftermarket ones do not have that dog leg in the earlier one (66390/3-36) but do on the later one (66390/3-58). I had a vendor state that the early ones did not have the dog leg.
    Attached Files

Easy info to find. Do you own a parts book?

https://www.hydra-glide.net/joomla/i...54/109-battery
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

I think there are at least 2 and maybe 3 versions of the 36 to 57 Harley BT battery hold down and none of it is well laid out in a parts book. I think the one without the dogleg is earliest.

Jerry

Originally posted by lrcormier View Post
      Pictured is an early 37-57 and later 58-64 (I think those years are correct) and both of them I believe are original. Can someone confirm for me that the earlier one is suppose to have that dog leg as pictured or did somebody put those bends in it. The reason I'm asking is because the aftermarket ones do not have that dog leg in the earlier one (66390/3-36) but do on the later one (66390/3-58). I had a vendor state that the early ones did not have the dog leg.

Comment

I did note that in the parts manual the early rod (66390-36) had a dog leg but in Palmers restoration guide a photo appeared to only show 66390-58 as having a dog leg and no mention of the dog leg for either in the write up. The aftermarket does reproduce the later rod with a dog leg but does not put the dog leg for the early rod, but they certainly easily could have. I guess there may not be a definitive answer to this and it's also possible that the MOCO provided 2 versions of the early battery rod, one with and one without a dog leg. I guess I'll need to purchase the none dog leg ones from the aftermarket and place the single one's I have up for sale.

Comment

Working...
        X