Rear fender 52 panhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by exeric View Post
    Louis, I'm currently doing all the sheet metal work on my 1951FL so I'm in the same territory as you. I actually enjoy doing body work, and all the fussiness of getting parts ready for paint, However, the biggest problem I have right now is committing to a color.
    Yeah, I hear you about color, the original stock colors for these bikes really don't appeal to me that much and was actually thinking about a black cherry (purist would be very critical of this). I'm now also considering the marine blue metallic which was offered as a custom color in 52, but this color seems very ellusive and kind find any examples of bikes painted this color.

Comment

I'll probably go to a non Harley color as well, Louis and I agree with you about the bland stock colors. Paint colors are truly as subjective as politics
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by lrcormier View Post
        I'm now also considering the marine blue metallic which was offered as a custom color in 52, but this color seems very ellusive and kind find any examples of bikes painted this color.
        Is this marine blue metallic? This bike was in my 1951 photo folder but I think it is a '52. That is a good looking color.

DSC_9771_zpsxoqtyqll.jpg
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Looking at this bike again, I noticed it has the Alcoa gear cover and should have the sandcast cover if it is a '52. This was an O.P. bike from ebay, but that doesn't mean the gear cover wasn't changed out for some reason. I have all the pictures of this bike and the paint is genuine, and original which makes me think it is a '52 (I should have copied the description). Motorcycles can have weird, and amazing histories (like people) so unless a person was there. . . . Who knows?
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

That could be marine blue metallic, I'm sure the picture doesn't really do the color justice. Also it doesn't have the correct bracket mount for the tool box but a really nice looking bike. My current daily rider is a 2014 ULTRA LIMITED in Daytona blue so don't want my pan to look to similar in color. Thanks for the picture, it gives me something to ponder and consider.
            Louis

Comment

I have a parts dept. knucklehead rear fender that does not have the tool box hole, but has the two tail light hole patterns, and trim strip holes.
              VPH-D

Comment

Working...
              X