shovelhead hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shovelhead hardware

Will be putting a new face on my '68 this winter. Anybody aware of the proper hardware for this model year? Was the MOCO still using Chandler nuts and bolts, or had they been phased out by this time? When I first restored the bike back in the early nineties, I used stainless hardware, which I am sure is wrong. Any help appreciated.....cheers.....Omar

Omar I have seen what are called Chandler products as new as 1972 FLH, but only in the transmission mounting area. They just sort of phased them out as supplies ran out I suppose. That is about what I know.

Jerry

Originally posted by Omarttentmaker View Post
    Will be putting a new face on my '68 this winter. Anybody aware of the proper hardware for this model year? Was the MOCO still using Chandler nuts and bolts, or had they been phased out by this time? When I first restored the bike back in the early nineties, I used stainless hardware, which I am sure is wrong. Any help appreciated.....cheers.....Omar

Comment

Thanks, Jerry. Hoping that somebody out there with an unmolested '68 might be able to add to that, maybe with a description or pics of some the the nuts and bolts.

Comment

My 1970 FLH with 7900 miles is covered in original CP1038 bolts, FWIW.

Comment

OK. Thanks for the info.

Comment

If you need pics of anything, my op 99.5pt 68 is showroom new. Only deduction was for a 1/4 in cut in seat and a cad nut on battery tray, both have been replaced with nos ones. Got it with 3100 miles on it. Send me a phone to text pics to of specific areas and I'll do my best. If you make it to southern NY state you can see it.
            D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

Working...
            X