MemberBike Registry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MemberBike Registry?

Hi. I've been a member for 3 years and have Senior Awards on both of my bikes. I've probably missed it, but is there some sort of registry of member's bikes? For example maker/year/model? It would be really interesting to see what the club looks like in terms of what kind of bikes we all have in all of those categories. I assume there must be a list of judging awards, so that would be a start. I see there's a Standard Member Directory area, but I can't see a place to specifically list what year/make models we all have. I'm a database developer, so its my natural curiosity! Thanks.

Originally posted by RodFun View Post
    Hi. I've been a member for 3 years and have Senior Awards on both of my bikes. I've probably missed it, but is there some sort of registry of member's bikes? For example maker/year/model? It would be really interesting to see what the club looks like in terms of what kind of bikes we all have in all of those categories. I assume there must be a list of judging awards, so that would be a start. I see there's a Standard Member Directory area, but I can't see a place to specifically list what year/make models we all have. I'm a database developer, so its my natural curiosity! Thanks.
    RodFun - In regard to member registry with motorcycle information to my knowledge it doesn't exist formally as a searchable data base. There had been an effort by the club a couple of years ago to make member info available for networking and sharing of information of antique motorcycles but the effort ended up falling off after a rough start and approach by the contractor selected to perform the work. No effort to create a registry has been attempted since. Since the AMCA's functions fall on club members as volunteers to accomplish you could contact the club president Ross Metcalfe president@antiquemotorcycle.org and AMCA Executive Director Keith Kizer Kizer@AntiqueMotorcycle.org to discuss your idea. Something like what you suggest may be best started say at the Chapter level and start to build it regionally. The Club's Board of Directors each have responsibility for a region so it could be something also to talk to your regional BoD representative - Pete MacMurray is in your region so could be a good starting point. pjmacmurray@gmail.com Promoting it and plugging the benefits to the members would be important so they understand how it works, safety and security of information, etc. Yes there is standard member directory info and you as a data developer know that its a matter of adding the needed fields and then, again promoting the entering of the data. I do know that there is data collected and tracked for at least the modern era judging. Don Dzurick the AMCA Chief Judge would be a good person to talk to. His club email is amcachiefjudge@gmail.com. You may want to start a discussion of this in the Parking Lot Chatter Forum to start getting member's ideas and or concerns and comments regarding registry. The AMCA does a bi-monthly news letter that you can submit content by sending it to the Executive Director this can be another area where you can reach members and promote discussion.

I think it is a good idea to have bike, breed specific registry info available and I would not object to participating.

Also - by-the-way the other night I spoke by phone to an AMCA member on Cape Cod and he talked about an interest in meeting and riding with antique motorcycle interested people on Cape Cod. If you have any interest in networking let me know and I will get you all to share contact info.

Mike Love
    AMCA Forum

Comment

I oppose such a registry based on the members buy and sell their motorcycles at times. A registry also permits thieves another avenue for targeting particular motorcycles.

Comment

Thanks, Mike, for your ideas and the interesting background which answers my curiosity. I can also see Paps point that the data can go out of date and perhaps lead to hacking for nefarious activity. That's the world we live in these days online, unfortunately. We have a great local antique bike show here on the Cape each September, cancelled this year of course, where I look forward to meeting other collectors and enthusiasts in the area. Live and in person always the best way to go for me. Hope to get out to the Yankee show next year as well.

Comment

Well I think there should be a "winners circle" on bikes that have been judged at each meet what they scored high or low and reasons why they were scored that way and who judged them with out all the personal information. Like just pictures and score cards with the consent of owners for each year and because it might take several years for a bike to get a decent score and the forum and we could follow the progress and scoring of each type of bike. I have been searching this forum and have not found guess I am looking in the wrong spot.

Comment

Working...
          X