65 FLH Primary Chain Case Venting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 65 FLH Primary Chain Case Venting

I'm bringing a 65 FLH back to "original condition", or as close as my pocketbook will allow me to. As anyone who has undertaken a 65 knows, there are many one year only or mid production changes that exist on this year. The issue I'm currently trying to solve is, or if, how the primary was vented. According to the parts manual, there was no tee in the vent line between the motor and the oil tank which is the normal method of venting the primary chain case on late 66 and up models. The parts manual does list a "vent kit" which includes a tee, clamps, & vent line, with a -66A part number that fits 1965 and later models. My understanding of this would be that the MoCo added the tee method of tying into the motor to tank vent line, via this kit, sometime in 1966. Can anyone provide any information describing how the 1965 & early 1966 FL primary's were vented. Thanks very much for any help you can provide!

IMG_6626.jpg

Re-posted in Panhead category
    Last edited by 67sidecar; 11-06-2020, 06:10 AM. Reason: posted in wrong category
Working...
X