George E. Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George E. Brown

Though not a close friend, I feel compelled to mention the recent passing of long time AMCA member George E. Brown; recently deceased at 86 years old, and from Central Florida. George was a character, and well known in the motorcycle, old car, airplane, and spark plug collecting communities. He probably collected a lot of other stuff as his property was covered with interesting objet d'art. I first met George in the early 1970s at a small car show in Orlando. He was selling a complete early 20s J motor with carb, and electrical unit, and an original paint 1913 H-D gas tank with all the fittings, $100 for both. Since I was riding a bike, I had to go to his house to pick up the motor and tank and I was overwhelmed by his outdoor museum. George later found a Crocker is South Florida which he got by trading one of his post war Chiefs. He also bought the remains of the Gene Walters Orlando H-D dealership. George had a million stories and was generous with his time, and knowledge. One of the last of his kind.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886
Working...
X