No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,
    My Name is Pete Downs. I just acquired a Henderson Deluxe that My Father Restored in the 80's.The engine # puts it as a late 23,witch he had it registered as, but it has a low frame so he called it a 25.It also has a Sidecar that i believe
    is a Goulding. Engine # D4379. It runs well and rides well but is geared very high (17-39),I would Like to Find a 15 or 16 engine sprocket for it,also a correct fuel petcock. I hope somebody can help Me with this. I now this is a special Machine
    that my Father took special care of. I am Happy to be in the club
    Pete

Welcome, Pete. Glad to see another Henderson owner here at Knucklehead central For your petcock, try Conrad Lytle www.lytlepetcock@gmail.com

Also, join www.hendersonkj.com lots of knowledge, advice, and help for Hendersons of every year.

I would love to see some pictures of your Henderson.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Dear Pete, welcome to our great club. I have a 29 KJ solo and like tall gearing, so running an 18 tooth sprocket and with 17 and 16 tooth sprockets left over. With a sidecar you might want 14 or 15 teeth, as per the Owners Manual you can download free from our Virtual Library. As Eric says, Lytle is where to go for petcocks. Keep having fun with old bikes!

Comment

Love your Henderson, Pete; your Father did a good job. These are my Hens.pd1.jpgsepthen6.jpg
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

And mine. This is the 'before' picture.
          Attached Files

Comment

Very cool looks in great shape must be nice to have a front brake

Comment

Love your Hendersons Eric,what years are they

Comment

Yes the front brake is always nice, though pretty weedy like the Harley ones introduced in 1928. Henderson may have got a small jump on them by introducing the front brake a little earlier. Henderson introduced the drop centre wheel rims a whole year ahead of Harley and Indian in 1929 rather than 1930, though a custom item rather than bought in from Kelsey-Hayes. I'm getting too cautious for riding on clincher rims, and don't do enough wet weather riding to worry about the band brake at the rear wheel.

Comment

Working...
                X