Buddy Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buddy Seat

Hey guys, we just got our 1929 DL 45ci running. It has been in the family for decades. My wife would really like to take a ride but of course its a solo. I'm thinking about putting a buddy seat on but the hardware is impossible to find. Can anyone on here point me in the right direction? I sure could use a picture if nothing else.
    MikeIMG_0560.jpg

Buddy seats came out in 1933.
    You have two options, fabricate a luggage rack and pad or buy a panhead buddy seat and adapt to your bike.

Comment

So that's why I can't find anything on a buddy seat for this bike..... Ok, that makes sense. The seat on this bike now is not from the 1929 era anyway so maybe I can find a panhead buddy seat and adapt it.
      Mike

Comment

I would try to find a period late VL buddy seat. it should fit better and be more correct.
        DrSprocket

Comment

There is also the Harley WLC passenger seat which could be encouraged to fit, although without the intimacy of the buddy seat.

Comment

This is what I have on my 29 JD. Looks to be an aftermarket seat that bolts to a std rack. I don't know if it would fit on a DL.
            20201013_083240[1].jpg20201013_083255[1].jpg

Comment

And don't forget the seriously engineered 1930-32 VL passenger seat assembly, now being reproduced.

Comment

Working...
              X