Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When did 46 knucklehead rockers go to flat bottoms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When did 46 knucklehead rockers go to flat bottoms?

Building a 46 and I'm trying to figure out when the rocker boxes went to the flat bottom 1947 style. I've heard "mid 46" but what VIN # is "mid 46"?

46FL4400 is the middle, Palmer does not know vin for this change, neither do I, use either style.
    Last edited by 1950Panhead; 10-11-2020, 10:28 AM.

Comment

I have never seen a 46 with the flat bottomed rocker box on the rear head. I've seen 2 with the front rocker box flat. I have a picture of a late 1946 that I know the serial of and will see if I can tell what it has for rockers.

Jerry

Comment

Thanks guys. My el is above 4670 so it sounds like I’m safely above the mid run at least.

Comment

I do not know for sure but I am fairly certain that your engine number should have early rocker boxes.

Jerry

Originally posted by edgemont View Post
          Thanks guys. My el is above 4670 so it sounds like I’m safely above the mid run at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Wieland View Post
            I do not know for sure but I am fairly certain that your engine number should have early rocker boxes.

Jerry

That’s good news in one sense because I think they look better. Do you know what finish they came with by chance? The set I have look like someone sand blasted them.

Comment

Working...
            X