Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they're just jealous of all the fun we are having, steve!!

Comment

Thanks for sharing the article Steve.
      Bob Rice #6738

Comment

OK Mike... you might ban this response, but here goes...

Interesting article Steve... it's not too far fetched an idea. Motorcycles and their future demise are only a small part of an overall concept to re-configure the world, as we know it. I'm sure there are enough left leaning liberal activists who would like to "put another arrow in the quiver" of the political agenda known as "Agenda 21". Also, "Agenda 30", and more.
        World leaders meet annually in Geneva Switzerland, to develop new progressive agendas to create a NWO (new world order). A very sophisticated long term plan for our planets future.

Although our rather small group of motorcycle devotees has a voice, it seems like a whisper in comparison to the screaming cries from the ultra-motivated progressive left. Provocative talking point phrases, environmental causes, safety and health, and more, as justification, mostly without any solid supporting scientific data, are being sent out in an assault style attack
        throughout major media outlets, around the world. Various political concerns, such as the UN, WHO, NATO, and other powerful groups are hard at work, following agenda guidelines.

We've heard it all before, in almost every way, shape and form. Its relentless. The propaganda is formulated with calculated precision. We've even banned from using incandescent light bulbs, in the name of saving energy !! Yet, the neon billboards and bright lights of Las Vegas burn as bright as ever. Out here in California, the various politicians have closed huge areas of the Pacific Ocean to the sport fishing industry, while the long-line trawlers from the Asian fleet goes unchecked raping the waters hauling anything that swims in their mile long nets.
        So it true, even the slightest thought of banning motorcycles is a real threat. I'm sure we have all heard about the various banning of gas powered lawnmowers in many areas.

This assault on our way of life is very real. It comes at us in incremental waves, so as not to "ruffle the feathers" of the population. Most people pay little attention, casting off the ideology as folly, or just another crazy ill-conceived idea. Yet, as with the other crazy ideas, they keep coming... as a tidal wave of change. Our social integrity has changed with the passing of time. Of course, we call it progress. Really? I call it more regulations and worldwide oppression to achieve political advantage and power.

Most readers of this forum are "old school", proudly "stuck in a rut", with the 35 yr and older rule. The rest of the motorcycle world considers us as dinosaurs. Yet, we have not given in to defeat. The changing times are certainly an awkward challenge in our ultra-fast paced society in todays world.

We can only hope the younger generation will eventually come to realize that their collective freedoms are being slowly taken away, before its too late.
        Before the new Indian (motorcycles), Harleys, even the Goldwings, become extinct.

OK... end of rant. C2K Roger Herbison

Comment

Greetings
          This might be possible in England or Europe, but would be next to impossible to do or enforce here. The article states that "Governor Newsom of California has declared new gas-powered vehicles will be banned from his state in just 15 years." Thats not true, he's banning the sales of new gas powered vehicles. On top of that a new administration can change that ruling. This was not a measure passed by the Legislature, this was a Governors order. If people want to slow air polution, ban smokeing it pollutes and kills, wana save lives, ban alcohol it kills many more people than motorcycles and cars combined do. You cant belive everything you read is going to come to pass, especially on the internet.
          Max (on the internet)

Comment

Great response Roger, really great. There is a little bright side in California if one is a convicted felon and goes to prison as the inmates can now have physical heterosexual relations inside the prison whether it is a male or female institution since they are mixing now the sexes, I just wonder when they are add child care wing for the parent prisnors. Lol

I know the green new deal wants to control every aspect of ones life, but I have not found anything about the banning of motorcycles yet, maybe we could ask them if we could wear seatbelts while riding to protect lives, if this happens to become the case, I bet they would go for that. Lol, lol
            Last edited by ryan; 10-06-2020, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Golf carts are a menace.

....Cotten
              AMCA #776
              Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

You hit it on the head Roger.

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
                  Golf carts are a menace.

....Cotten
                  They sure are in Florida.
                  Eric Smith
                  AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
                    They sure are in Florida.
                    Some are acceptable.

....Cotten
                    Attached Files
                    AMCA #776
                    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

I love golf and the carts.Keeps large amounts of people off the roads and away from my fishing spots.
                      Got to look on the bright side.
                      Tom

Comment

Roger......I totally agree with you. On every point you made !! The intent on removal of motorcycles is so hypocritical at one of its highest levels when in the same token, at lease in the USA, bike trails are being forced upon us and land is being eminent domain stolen from land owners for their construction. Bicycles do not use energy other than the riders. God bless you.

Originally posted by ChiefTwoKicks View Post
                        OK Mike... you might ban this response, but here goes...

Interesting article Steve... it's not too far fetched an idea. Motorcycles and their future demise are only a small part of an overall concept to re-configure the world, as we know it. I'm sure there are enough left leaning liberal activists who would like to "put another arrow in the quiver" of the political agenda known as "Agenda 21". Also, "Agenda 30", and more.
                        World leaders meet annually in Geneva Switzerland, to develop new progressive agendas to create a NWO (new world order). A very sophisticated long term plan for our planets future.

Although our rather small group of motorcycle devotees has a voice, it seems like a whisper in comparison to the screaming cries from the ultra-motivated progressive left. Provocative talking point phrases, environmental causes, safety and health, and more, as justification, mostly without any solid supporting scientific data, are being sent out in an assault style attack
                        throughout major media outlets, around the world. Various political concerns, such as the UN, WHO, NATO, and other powerful groups are hard at work, following agenda guidelines.

We've heard it all before, in almost every way, shape and form. Its relentless. The propaganda is formulated with calculated precision. We've even banned from using incandescent light bulbs, in the name of saving energy !! Yet, the neon billboards and bright lights of Las Vegas burn as bright as ever. Out here in California, the various politicians have closed huge areas of the Pacific Ocean to the sport fishing industry, while the long-line trawlers from the Asian fleet goes unchecked raping the waters hauling anything that swims in their mile long nets.
                        So it true, even the slightest thought of banning motorcycles is a real threat. I'm sure we have all heard about the various banning of gas powered lawnmowers in many areas.

This assault on our way of life is very real. It comes at us in incremental waves, so as not to "ruffle the feathers" of the population. Most people pay little attention, casting off the ideology as folly, or just another crazy ill-conceived idea. Yet, as with the other crazy ideas, they keep coming... as a tidal wave of change. Our social integrity has changed with the passing of time. Of course, we call it progress. Really? I call it more regulations and worldwide oppression to achieve political advantage and power.

Most readers of this forum are "old school", proudly "stuck in a rut", with the 35 yr and older rule. The rest of the motorcycle world considers us as dinosaurs. Yet, we have not given in to defeat. The changing times are certainly an awkward challenge in our ultra-fast paced society in todays world.

We can only hope the younger generation will eventually come to realize that their collective freedoms are being slowly taken away, before its too late.
                        Before the new Indian (motorcycles), Harleys, even the Goldwings, become extinct.

OK... end of rant. C2K Roger Herbison

Comment

Oh, and one more comment (yeah, right !) Don't forget folks, you will remember BOARD TRACK RACING was banned back in 1919. Short track racing was the first volley, then as the always popular death defying speed demons continued throughout the roaring (pun intended) twenties, little by little race tracks across America closed down. The races continued on Coney Island however, until the mid-forties. Most tracks closed down due to lack of maintenance, rather than the public outcry of fatalities. Although crashes were often rather spectacular, the public had (and still does) have a thirst for the macabre. The no-name average racer who perishes in obscurity is only eclipsed by a well known mega-star racing hero. Its sad, both riders go down, and most forget the other guy's name. Its a brutal world we live in, in so many ways.
                          Our interest in these old bikes comes in many forms. Preservation, Restoration, Building,buying...riding and showing them off in meets and parades. It would be a real shame if the old motorcycles for which we have an incredible reverence, were to go the way of political correctness, i.e. eliminated in virtue of social re-engineering. Simply because no one knows how to use them (or wants to,either).
                          Or maybe because the safety factor for the rider is deemed too dangerous. Texting while riding... heck, I don't even wave at fellow riders because it takes both hands to ride my bikes (throttle, advance, shifting, etc,) that can't be the reason to outlaw motorcycles. Texting takes both hands for most people... at least thats what I observe when stopped at the light, and look on either side of me. Almost every person, almost every intersection, almost every day.
                          Steve Swan posted up a very timely article. He just reminded us all (without actually knowing it) to WATCH OUT for the other guy. They don't see us, don't care about us, and it wouldn't bother them one bit if we just wern't around anymore. No more motorcycles... no more worries. what a bizarre world... just me and my iphone... and my own little world. Heaven help us.

I could go on and on... enough for now. PEACE, out. C2K

Comment

C2K I agree with all you say. I've just gotten to a point in my life where I realize all I can do is cast one single vote for who on the local, state, and fed level might do what I feel is in my interest. As we all do I guess. But,at the end of the day for my piece of mind and forward progress (in my own whats left of my life) all I can do is adjust my life to whatever the people in power decide, and then try and do it with a positive optimistic output. I really don't think we 'voters' can change the agenda. Even though this is an antique mc site and our posts need to be directed in that direction, I believe these articles of changes will directly effect the mc community, antique or modern and should be shared in this parking lot chatter thread. Civil discussion to our overall hobby is good education for all of us imo.
                            Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Working...
                            X