Harley flathead tappet guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harley flathead tappet guide

Have front and rear UL screw down type tappet guides. Will trade either for front spring loaded type.guide.JPG

Good luck. Kind of like trying to trade a chicken for a hog!
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Dear Larry, I've got three fronts and a rear of the later UL style if you can't find them in the US. I prefer the VL/WL screw down style as I'm struggling with getting the repro UL valve covers to fit.

Comment

I've got too many chickens and not enough hogs. Searching for someone with the opposite imbalance.

I suspect shipping to Europe would be stupid expensive.

Yes, the Colony covers can be a problem, possibly associated with the cork gaskets.

Comment

Sadly the BT SV -39 type are thin on the ground. Lots of the threaded ones since VLs 45s and early U series all used them. I don't think I have any extra of them, but I probably have a couple dozen of the others. And both my SV projects need them. I'll look just in case.
          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Maybe it would be smart if I simply used the threaded type.

Comment

Originally posted by larry View Post
              Maybe it would be smart if I simply used the threaded type.
              I guess it would depend on how correct you are trying to make it. What year engine? In pieces or together?
              Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

1946 built from a crankcase. Correct is unimportant, cost and quality is.

Comment

1946 built from a crankcase. Correct not important, cost and quality is.

Comment

Working...
                  X