X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Identification?

20201001_172619.jpg20201001_173929.jpg20201001_173938.jpg

Can anyone identify this wheel?

...here's a start (but you probably already know this) : drop center rim = 1929+, 40 spokes is HD and Indian at least, rear wheel. That's all I got! ;-)
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

I’m going to say Henderson.
      Mark Masa
      www.linkcycles.com

Comment

A picture of the center profile of the hub would give some clues. Schwinn changed their hubs to Timken tapered roller bearing in 1924 so the profile of the Hen/Ex hub looks like an 'hour glass'. The rim is not a Schwinn drop center type with the rolled outer edge.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

More pictures

Here is another picture showing the center. The smallest part is 1 1/2" in diameter.

Thank you guys for replying. Learning new things about this stuff is one of my favorite parts of the hobby.

One more peculiar thing for me is no branding on the tire. 20201002_085715.jpg20201002_085727.jpg

Comment

I just looked in my parts books, and at a Schwinn hub and it's not Hen/Ex. I also looked at an Ace hub (not that), so I'm guessing an Indian hub if it does have Timken bearings. I think only Indian, and Schwinn used Timken bearings in those days.
            Eric Smith
            AMCA #886

Comment

I think I have figured out that it is for '29, '30 101 Indian Scouts. ...according to listings on Ebay

Comment

Thanks for returning with that information, kehughes.
                Eric Smith
                AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
                X