6 volt bulbs CHEAP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 volt bulbs CHEAP!

I needed a headlight bulb for a Guide headlight for my 37 WL. All the bike places on line wanted anywhere from 12 to 40 plus dollars. For a simple 6v bulb. I found them at Mac's Auto. They specialize in vintage Ford parts, like Model A's and T's. 95 cents.

https://www.macsautoparts.com/ford_m...-volt-ford.htm

I thought I'd pass it along if anyone was interested.

DD

Thanks! (No 'Thanks' button coming up for me. Is there one? Don't remember.)

+1 for Mac's. Wonder if there's anything different about the automotive vs MC bulbs/filaments in that old-style 6V design.

Comment

Well, the ones I got in the mail are exactly the same as what was in there before. I'm sure they all come from the same factory in China.

DD

Comment

I had some old bulbs in their original packaging that my dad had left over from his garage days. When I was restoring some knuckleheads I found that they fit. The packaging had the candle power listed and it was different than what the knuckle literature I was using for reference called for. But they worked and I wasn't planning on riding much at night anyway.

Comment

Keep in mind also when you find some NOS bulbs that although the bayonet style mounting may fit, the indexing may be different. That is hi/lo may not line up with the existing socket properly.
          Joe

Comment

If I'm not mistaken the number to look for on the bulb is 2320.
            Dave

Comment

Working...
            X