This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jim View Post
    VERY Cool pictures of the Nortons!! I've never seen it before so Thank You! Who doesn't want to put one of those together? I sure do!
    HaHa - indeed. It doesn't look like even a good hour of work. I talked to a guy at the Chesapeake AMCA Meet a few years back. He was a Harley Dealer in Western New York State and he had taken his loss on the not so well received Harley Davidson 1977 XLCR and storing "many" away as he had received them from the factory. Many dealers cut their losses or maybe just modified them to make traditional Sportsters (of course by the VIN they were still XLCRs). Many of these dealers I am told disposed of the removed parts in the dumpster. So at the Chesapeake Meet he brought out of of several of these completely original (movement miles only) XLCRs to be judged. Off course these were all awarded 100 points and are now among the Winners' Circle. Not sure what he ended up doing with them. Here is the one I saw - https://youtu.be/cA4L74DZ3WM

Mike Love

Comment

• Nothing wrong with an XLCR.... I like them. Never owned one... but still I think that it's a nice looking machine. It's funny how the "customers" will look at "something" and think they are ugly and sales are bad. Something like a 1970 Plymouth Superbird or Dodge Daytona with the wings. Dealers were removing the nose and wings and making them into regular Roadrunners and Chargers. HAHA!! IF we only knew...
      Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

• Vintage Pics of the Day - December 6, 2020

How to look dashing on an Ariel.

Screen Shot 2020-12-06 at 6.59.06 AM copy.jpg

Comment

• You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.
          Last edited by Jerry Wieland; 12-06-2020, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• Well that is not quite what I wanted. How do you post without getting 3 pictures?

Comment

• Excelsior dealer Ira Enmark, South Sixth Street, Minneapolis
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.
              Last edited by Jerry Wieland; 12-07-2020, 05:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerry Wieland View Post
                Well that is not quite what I wanted. How do you post without getting 3 pictures?
                Jerry - Yes the multiple image problem is something I have as well. I find that in edit mode you can see the thumb prints of what is in the post. I just go back and remove the extras leaving the one I want in the order the images should appear. I think I need to spend some time in the Practice Post forum. I still haven't found where I can go back to all my impages posted and reuse an image I have used before. I know Tom Cotten expressed that as well.

Mike Love

Comment

• Vintage Pic of the Day - December 7, 2020

This appears to be an early Indian Dispatch - Tow - can anyone comment on the year? Also if you know these machines Member Ken has a post in the Parking Lot Chatter looking for some help with regard to how the 1939 Dispatch - Tow stows the tow bar when not in use. Thanks

Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 9.10.29 AM copy.jpg
                  Last edited by ihrescue; 12-07-2020, 08:55 AM.

Comment

• Earnie Ready and delivery motorcycle. Probably in front of Guy Webb's dealership in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Earnie Ready.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerry Wieland View Post
                      Earnie Ready and delivery motorcycle. Probably in front of Guy Webb's dealership in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Earnie Ready.jpg
                      I like the posts of motorcycles that work.

Mike Love

Comment

• Another working bike probably in front of Guy Webb's Minneapolis Minnesota dealership. Sidehack.jpg

Comment

• Vintage Pics of the Day - December 8, 2020

Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 2.32.14 PM copy.jpg

Comment

• Guy Webb in Wisconsin.jpg

Can anybody shed any light on this dealership and where it may have been located. The picture is labelled 'Guy W. Webb with his motorcycle in front of Wisconsin Cycle Sales Company'. Guy Webb is a very familiar name around St Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota in old time motorcycling circles. He owned at least 3 dealerships between 1922 and his death in June of 1939.

Comment

• Guy W Webb and package truck.jpg

Another working motorcycle. Picture is labelled 'Guy W. Webb and Harley Davidson package truck'.

Comment

• Badger Thanks for the quick reply. I was wondering if it maybe wasn't Milwaukee but the thing that threw me off was the sidecar. Usually pictures of Guy Webb in Milwaukee show him with a package truck and hauling a new in the crate HD motorcycle with it. He regularly would haul bikes back to Minneapolis.

Jerry

Originally posted by badger34

The dealership was located at 726 National Ave. in Milwaukee, this had previously been the location of Mueller Cycle & Supply also a H-D agent. Wisconsin Cycle Sales Co. opened mid-1918 operated by Louis Peterik and F. J. Strachota. The building no longer exists, I-94 now runs through this location.

Comment

Working...
                                X