X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60001276_2685258858182307_3493996190679171072_o.jpg

Mike, saw this on "You know you grew up in Rockville, Maryland if..."
    Photo credited to Ray Stokely. "Looking West Main St., Rockville, 1915. Rockville's 1st gas station. Rockville Trolley in background."
    "This is the intersection of Rockville Pike and Viers Mill Road looking west. The pump is where Reed Brothers Dodge dealer and gas station was built."
    St. Mary's Cemetery on right and the house that later became WINX in the background.

Dale

Comment

• Yes good stuff and that intersection other than the gas pump missing still looks the same today. Ray Stokely was great amateur historian and specialized in the area of Forest Glen and Silver Spring and the Metropolitan Rail line and anything rail wise that went through Silver Spring MD. Ray unfortunately passed away from cancer two months ago. Thanks for posting that Dale. Some really good images and commentary from the Reed Brother's family.

Mike Love

Comment

• Vintage Oic of the Day - October 12, 2020

George Brough riding his longtime favorite "Old Bill" Brough Superior

Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 7.45.42 AM copy.jpg

Mike Love

Comment

• Nice boots!
          Attached Files

Comment

• Mike, That black and white is a street model Cyclone and yes that is the speedo drive on the right side of the front hub. Jerry's photo of the Cyclone racer has a nice Cyclone motor but that's it. Everything else is not Cyclone. Fork, frame. tanks. etc. Great photo mike really rare.
            DrSprocket

Comment

• Rich I cannot vouch for the Cyclone chassis but the guy in the middle is Andrew Strand. Founder and engineer that designed and built Cyclone. The guy on the left is Roy Egberg, long time Minneapolis area Indian then Harley dealer. I do not know the history of the guy on the right - Paul Paladi.

Jerry

Originally posted by RichO View Post
              Mike, That black and white is a street model Cyclone and yes that is the speedo drive on the right side of the front hub. Jerry's photo of the Cyclone racer has a nice Cyclone motor but that's it. Everything else is not Cyclone. Fork, frame. tanks. etc. Great photo mike really rare.
              Last edited by Jerry Wieland; 10-13-2020, 08:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by badger34
                So is the "Pre-1930" requisite going to get dropped from this forum section title?

Family photo album, four out of five of my family members who were H-D Juneau Ave employees at the time photographed while attending the 1937 company picnic.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29994[/ATTACH]
                Yes Badger34 - I think the flexibility of Vintage Pic of the Day can potentially get everyone involved. Very cool family pics.

Mike Love

Comment

• Vintage Pic of the Day - October 13, 2020

No doubt choir practice and here we see an XL singing soprano.

Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 8.15.05 AM copy.jpg

Mike Love
                  Last edited by ihrescue; 10-13-2020, 09:04 AM.

Comment

• Jerry, I wasn't talking about the street model with the three gentlemen behind it which is bone stock and a lot rarer than a race version but the small photo of the racer.
                    DrSprocket

Comment

• I have read that Reading Standard bought up the Cyclone inventory, and raced their own version of it after WW1 (with little success). R-S, Yale, and Thor are probably the most unworthy victims of the big post war recession of '20-'21 (in the days when the U.S. had to pay for the sh!t they got into) H-D, Indian, and Excelsior survived. Had it not been for that economic downturn, the American motorcycle scene would have been very different, and who knows who would have survived. R-S, Yale, and Thor were progressive, engineering based companies that built high quality machines that were equal, or better than the survivors.
                      Last edited by exeric; 10-13-2020, 07:13 PM.
                      Eric Smith
                      AMCA #886

Comment

• Vintage Pic of the Day - October 14, 2020

Sometimes you took the road less traveled even where there was a bridge. Maybe this was just a photo op.

Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 6.59.18 AM copy.jpg

Mike Love

Comment

• Vintage Pics of the Day - October 15, 2020

Anyone ever ride a Mustang?

IMG_6171 copy.jpg

Mike Love

Comment

• Vintage Pic of the day - October 16, 2020

IMG_6172 copy.jpg

On "THE" beach for some racing.

Mike Love

Comment

• The typed description below the photo says (If my eyes got it right.)

On the beach at Daytona before the first 200 mile race there, Jan. 24, 1937. Left to right, Clark “Wimpy” Trembull, #16, 500 Norton. Tony Miller, Toronto, Ontario, #1 500 Norton. Bryan Sparks, Windsor, Ontario, #47, 500 H.R.D. - Vincent. Ellwood Stillwell, Windsor, Ontario, #66, 500 Norton. C. J. Carroll, Windsor, Ontario, #18 500 Norton.
                              Has anyone done any beach racing? Where, When and riding what?

Mike Love

Comment

• Vintage Pic of the Day - October 17, 2020

Motorcycles aren't all play. Whether they work on two-wheel, three-wheel or use a side-car motorcycles have been put to utility use since they came into general use.

I think I have seen this photo before identified as a taxi. It sure is a fancy passenger side-car.

Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 8.08.10 AM copy.jpg

Mike Love

Comment

Working...
                                X