Clear All

• Ed Roth?
    Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by tfburke3 View Post
      Ed Roth?
      Tom
      As Badger34 mentioned

Yes that's Ed Roth on the Candy Wagon trike and the other trike in the foreground is the AEE Corvair trike, web search shows they both still exist.
      I was a big fan of Big Daddy Roth though I only bought one shirt "Wild Child" and still have someplace membership card to the Rat Fink fan club.

Mike Love

Comment

• The Coke delivery vehicle is a 1930 VL, probably a VC commercial outfit with a variant of the package truck body. These were used for delivery work until the Servicar came out in 1932. The VC had iron pistons, low compression heads, a one inch carburetor with manifold and cylinder inlets to match, and low lift cams to further strangle performance.

Comment

• Vintage Pic of the Day - October 25, 2020

Friend of the devil is a friend of mine (just to quote Grateful Dead)

Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 9.46.33 AM copy.jpg

Mike Love

Comment

• Originally posted by ihrescue View Post
            Vintage Pic of the Day - October 25, 2020

Friend of the devil is a friend of mine (just to quote Grateful Dead)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30073[/ATTACH]

Mike Love
            Italian cycle dealer and one time speed record holder Gino Cavanna. I didn't search for all details but one Vincent site says it is a Vincent engine in a Motto Guzzi V8 frame. Here is a modern photo of the bike without fairing.

Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 10.03.37 AM copy 2.jpg

Mike Love
            Last edited by ihrescue; 10-25-2020, 09:11 AM.

Comment

• Love the horns on the helmet but what would happen if he ever laid it down.

Jerry

Originally posted by ihrescue View Post
              Italian cycle dealer and one time speed record holder Gino Cavanna. I didn't search for all details but one Vincent site says it is a Vincent engine in a Motto Guzzi V8 frame. Here is a modern photo of the bike without fairing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30075[/ATTACH]

Mike Love

Comment

• Vintage Pic of the Day - October 26, 2020

Name that band.

Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 8.49.30 PM copy.jpg

Mike Love

Comment

Name that band.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30076[/ATTACH]
                  The Champs (...what did I win? )

Last edited by pisten-bully; 10-26-2020, 10:04 AM.
                  Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

• Originally posted by pisten-bully View Post
                    The Champs (...what did I win? )
                    Well the prize drawer is a little empty now but you are held in our highest esteem. Yes the Sax Centric Champs.

Mike Love

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerry Wieland View Post
                      Love the horns on the helmet but what would happen if he ever laid it down.

Jerry
                      Jerry - that is a good question with a fairing like that I guess you have to ride it out?

Mike

Comment

• Vintage Pic of the Day - October 27, 2020

Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 9.51.37 AM copy.jpg

Keeping a board toddler on track

Mike Love

Comment

• Vintage Pic of the Day - October 28, 2020

IMG_6188 copy.jpg

Let me paraphrase (but I'll put it in a quote box for emphasis) what the original poster said about this image on the AMCA Facebook page. Thanks to member Tom Finn for sharing. Basically the OP was looking for details about this prototype that never moved forward.

Does anyone have more info about this four cylinder on the photo found in the National Archives? Caption mentions a "Military Ordinance Motorcycle" Was in experimental stages when armistice [assuming WW II] was signed. Samples built by Military Corporation Jersey City, NJ.
                          I'd be interested in more info as well. Final drive and frame are interesting.

Mike Love

Comment

Vintage Pic of the Day - October 28, 2020

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30108[/ATTACH]

Let me paraphrase (but I'll put it in a quote box for emphasis) what the original poster said about this image on the AMCA Facebook page. Thanks to member Tom Finn for sharing. Basically the OP was looking for details about this prototype that never moved forward.

I'd be interested in more info as well. Final drive and frame are interesting.

Mike Love
                            It resembles the Militor from this video. I understand that Militor Corporation went through an number of Branding or name changes. https://youtu.be/tVdzVUx8Dow

Mike Love

Comment

• I believe it is a Militor in origin but there are some deviations from stock. Probably due to military specifications for the WW1. This Militor looks like the later configuration and the Rogers sidecar is probably later teens. My guess is this was built in late 1917 into 1918. Sadly, Militor was done by 1920.
                              Eric Smith
                              AMCA #886

Comment

• Found out yesterday that Mischler's Harley-Davidson and BMW of Beaver Dam, Wis. will be closing forever on Dec. 23 after 62 years as a Harley dealer. I first went there in 1968 or 69 to get my brother's 1952 K Model repaired. Bad second gear, which was common, and they would have to split the cases. They wouldn't do it and told us to buy another bike. Here are some photos of the Trapp Brother's Dealership that preceded Mischler's.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X