Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to all of you for your contributions.

Comment

• Vintage Pic of the Day - November 25, 2020

Cute kid on what is believed to be a Ixion motorcycle with an early Villiers' engine. My guess on age is mid teens?

Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 8.47.59 AM copy.jpg

Mike Love

NOTE: On Saturday November 28, 2020 we should anticipate that the AMCA Community Forum will be down as we will be receiving a version upgrade. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

Comment

• I don't think she's more than 4 or 5, Mike!
        Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Dale

Comment

• Vintage Pic of the Day - Happy Thanksgiving November 26, 2020

A couple of Jon Neidert photos. He did many photos of vintage patent drawings which are pretty cool.

Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 7.15.58 AM copy.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 7.17.20 AM copy.jpg

Mike Love

NOTE: Just want to remind all that AMCA will do a software upgrade Saturday morning November 28, 2020. During the upgrade the Community Forum will not be available.

Comment

• Vintage Pic of the Day - November 27, 2020

Transitions - K model introduces innovations

Screen Shot 2020-11-27 at 8.10.57 AM copy.jpg

Mike Love

NOTE: On Saturday November 28, 2020 AMCA will upgrade to a new version of the Community Forum software and the forum will not be available during the upgrade.

Comment

• Originally posted by badger34
              Thanks Mike, I've been researching and collecting material for about 12 years now and have accumulated over 15,000 articles, documents and images to my files. Of that total I would say approximately 85% is strictly H-D Motor Co and Wisconsin motorcycling related.
              I saw your post on Milwaukee Motorcycle Club Turkey Run from 1931, but now I can't find it in the posts. When I wrote an article I think two years ago to cover info for the Chesapeake Chapter National Meet at White Rose Motorcycle Club in Jefferson PA, I read up on WRMC history and like so many self supporting organizations they found creative ways to raise money - turkey shoots, road runs, lime runs and I regret I forget some I listed in the article. My point is those creative fundraising activities, especially the many fun, fundraisers involving a motorcycle run are very interesting. I was then drawn to some of the vintage copies of AMA magazine in Google Books (and there's a bunch) and in the classified area they give local clubs the opportunity to advertise their fundraiser related to motorcycles. That is where you can start to list the many creative runs used for fundraising back in the day. Your post on the 1931 Turkey Run reminded me of that.

Mike Love

Comment

• Vintage Pics of the Day - December 28, 2020

Any Gray Fellows in these photos?

Screen Shot 2020-11-27 at 7.56.15 AM copy.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 6.49.44 AM copy.jpg

Mike Love

Comment

• Vintage Pics of the Day - November 29, 2020
                  Screen Shot 2020-11-29 at 6.32.49 AM copy.jpg

Can anyone give some details about this bike? It appears to be an Indian and the cylinders across the frame as opposed to in line, also has a drive shaft as final drive instead of chain.

Mike Love
                  Last edited by ihrescue; 11-29-2020, 07:05 AM. Reason: Mispelling

Comment

• In #348 is that a boiler in the background left?

Mike Love

Comment

• It is a 841 Indian. Made for the military but those fenders I do not believe came on the bike. It should have had fenders w/o valences.

Jerry

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerry Wieland View Post
                        It is a 841 Indian. Made for the military but those fenders I do not believe came on the bike. It should have had fenders w/o valences.

Jerry
                        Okay thanks Jerry.

Mike Love

Comment

• Vintage Pic of the Day - November 30, 2020

Screen Shot 2020-11-29 at 6.37.45 AM copy.jpg

Mike Love

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerry Wieland View Post
                            It is a 841 Indian. Made for the military but those fenders I do not believe came on the bike. It should have had fenders w/o valences.

Jerry
                            This from Starklite.Com Bob Stark's business website https://starklite.com/wp-content/upl...1-facts-f2.pdf This was the downloadable full book document in PDF for the Indian 841. Bob apparently teamed with Sam Pierce who work on a number of innovations of Indians. In a blog Applied Machete writing about the American Rocket an Indian modified from the Indian base 841 platform said Sam Pierce must have acquired a "sh!tload" of surplus 841 frames and parts.

Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 8.53.29 AM copy.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by badger34
                              75 years ago today on Friday Nov 30 1945 four H-D factory experimental department men including my grandfather took in the sights at Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico. The occasion was a long distance trip dubbed the Hydra-Glide test trip. Shown below are a souvenir booklet with dated guide service receipt and a couple of photos from this trip kept by my grandfather.

Wow - what an amazing historical item you have there. Scrap books can really give a great view of a period and specific focus in history.

Mike Love

Comment

• I LIKE the LIKE button!
                                Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Working...
                                X