This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by exeric View Post
    Apr 14, 2015 · Under U.S. law, copyright in a photograph is the property of the person who presses the shutter on the camera — not the person who owns the camera, and not even the person in the photo. Unless a written agreement exists that makes the photo a work made for hire, any person you ask to take your picture with your camera owns the copyright in that photo — not you.
    Yes Eric - its an interesting area. You could buy a collection of photos, negatives, old plates etc at an auction and maybe not be authorized to publish them because as you said the person that activated the shutter owns the rights. Thanks for those great comments.

Mike Love

Comment

• But if they are posted online, Folks,..

Don't they become 'public domain'?

What if the shutter operator is long dead?

Just askin'...

....Cotten
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

• That's how I interpreted it as well, Tom.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

• Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
          But if they are posted online, Folks,..

Don't they become 'public domain'?

What if the shutter operator is long dead?

Just askin'...

....Cotten
          All good comments - I need to do some research.

Mike Love

Comment

• And to just be able to share some old pictures and have some fun and entertainment could become a legal mess, what bulls!!t.
            c4e7fcc47a599a07cbc6d8012537e19e.jpgc07ab3355a6e142e6b31945531aceec7.jpgcdd428779eb5f22d04d79ee92f6fa903.jpg
            Wonder what is going on with no exhaust in the last photo, I'm sure he was well appreciated going through town at midnight.

DISCLAIMER:I DID NOT TAKE THESE PHOTOS. I WON THEM ALL FROM A CONTEST ON THE CAIMAG SITE. ANY PHOTOS I POST FROM NOW ON CAME TO ME ON A FLASH DRIVE FROM THAT CONTEST.
            Last edited by BigLakeBob; 10-01-2020, 03:47 PM.
            Bob Rice #6738

Comment

• If you "fix" a pic, Folks,...

Is that 'artistic license'?

....Cotten
              PS: I believe the original was originally snagged from the Jolly Rogers MC site, I could be wrong.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by T. Cotten; 10-01-2020, 04:54 PM.
              AMCA #776

Comment

• Vintage Pics of the Day - October 2, 2020

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 6.04.38 PM copy.jpg

It sounds like Charles Franklin was quite an extraordinary guy.

Mike Love

Comment

If you "fix" a pic, Folks,...

Is that 'artistic license'?

....Cotten
                  PS: I believe the original was originally snagged from the Jolly Rogers MC site, I could be wrong.
                  I liked doing those puzzles when I was a kid. All I can pick out is the litter/paper(?) that was stuck to the back axle.?.
                  By the way, in my book, the edited one is officially yours now!

Comment

• I certainly don't own these. More from CAImag.

USC_0005-72-1680x1200_zpsuyfvcdie.jpg

xqevf8.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by droptopford View Post
                      I liked doing those puzzles when I was a kid. All I can pick out is the litter/paper(?) that was stuck to the back axle.?.
                      By the way, in my book, the edited one is officially yours now!
                      I took a lot of liberties with it, Droptop!

Particularly his beer.

Its for everybody to enjoy,..

(But I kept the high-resolution version for myself, of course.)

....Cotten
                      Last edited by T. Cotten; 10-02-2020, 10:58 AM.
                      AMCA #776

Comment

I took a lot of liberties with it, Droptop!

Particularly his beer.
                        Well, I should have looked closer and with a bigger screen. All of those white flecks/marks that you got rid of... are they imperfections in the original photo or were those pieces of paper flying around in the wind? The white rag that you brushed out (behind the bike) was obviously real.
                        I still don't see the beer though.?. Or is that what's on the tank? I need a higher res screen.
                        Last edited by droptopford; 10-02-2020, 03:54 PM.

Comment

• Things get lost when they go through the wash, Droptop!

And even more when a pic is reduced for upload.

This forum's format is pretty decent, (if not great once you figure it out), but its all trial and error to size large enough, and it won't let me delete duplicates.

And I used to be able to insert the pics inline in the post, but after the last forum upgrade, I can only post attached thumbnails.

....Cotten
                          PS: Still, the best part of the pic is the "uh-oh" squad.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by T. Cotten; 10-02-2020, 04:56 PM.
                          AMCA #776

Comment

• Vintage Pic of the Day - October 3, 2020

Dedicating this one to the Chesapeake Chapter on the last day of their 2020 AMCA National Meet where they featured the Indian Scout.

Here is one from an article in the Vintagent website https://thevintagent.com/2017/07/27/...1-billy-wells/

The article 100 YEARS AFTER THE 'INDIAN SUMMER', PART 1: BILLY WELLS

Screen Shot 2020-10-03 at 8.50.57 AM copy.jpg

Mike Love

Comment

And I used to be able to insert the pics inline in the post, but after the last forum upgrade, I can only post attached thumbnails.

....Cotten
                              So Tom what you are saying is you used to be able to include photos within your text that appeared in normal viewable size instead of having to click on the the thumbnail? Let me see if we are missing something to make that happen.

Mike Love

Comment

• Originally posted by ihrescue View Post
                                So Tom what you are saying is you used to be able to include photos within your text that appeared in normal viewable size instead of having to click on the the thumbnail? Let me see if we are missing something to make that happen.

Mike Love
                                A very long time ago, Mike!

(Back when I was just Cotten and not T. Cotten, but suddenly that name was already taken and I wasn't allowed to use it.)

There is a 'insert inline' button at the bottom when 'manage attachments' opens as a new window, but it doesn't work for me.
                                It appears some folks can post inline?.. It might be a browser thing.

(I'm using FireFox.)

....Cotten
                                PS: Meanwhile, here's some more of my previous uploads, Folks!
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by T. Cotten; 10-03-2020, 10:44 AM.
                                AMCA #776

Comment

Working...
                                X