question about vibration dampeners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about vibration dampeners

Is there a dimension recommended as to how far to press rubber dampeners into glide risers? Maybe how far out the cup washer extends out from the bottom of the riser?

All that I have dealt with have a shoulder in them where the damper sleeve stops. Basically the inner sleeve is flush with the riser body. Be sure to put the top cupped washer in before installing the bushing.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

The ones I'm working on don't have a shoulder in the bore, so I guess I'll just press the rubber assemblies in until the steel sleeve is flush with the bottom of the riser. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubone View Post
        All that I have dealt with have a shoulder in them where the damper sleeve stops. Basically the inner sleeve is flush with the riser body. Be sure to put the top cupped washer in before installing the bushing.
        I recently purchased a VTWIN riser kit and it surprisingly appears correct in every way but for some reason did not include the cupped washer at the top of the bushing. I'd rather not try and remove the bushings to install them and was planning on using the largest washer possible that will fit. Will I be o/k without the top cupped washers?

Comment

Originally posted by lrcormier View Post
          I recently purchased a VTWIN riser kit and it surprisingly appears correct in every way but for some reason did not include the cupped washer at the top of the bushing. I'd rather not try and remove the bushings to install them and was planning on using the largest washer possible that will fit. Will I be o/k without the top cupped washers?
          As long as you don't mind your bars moving around more than intended.......
          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

It was disappointing to see that no cupped bushings were in the top, I guess I'll have to see how much movement I get. It's a shame because they are really nice otherwise and although I know I could knock them out that generally means I would have to get new ones to replace.

Comment

Working...
            X