Pistons for 52 pan bored 60 over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pistons for 52 pan bored 60 over

I was ready to order a piston kit WISECO K1611 but according to wiseco catalog and some sights this piston is for shovelhead only, but on J&P web site it says it will fit my 52 PAN. Can someone verify if these pistons will work on 52 PAN or is there some physical difference that will not allow them to work? I was under the impression that any 74 piston 48-77 would work in 52 PAN.

If it is for early shovelhead it will fit you panhead. In 1974 HD changed the piston pin height and in 1978 they went to 80 cubic inch. So 1966 to 1973 is the same as FL panhead.

Comment

Don't forget, LRC,...

At sixty-over you will want to use stress plates when honing the bores.

....Cotten
      Attached Files
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Wieland View Post
        If it is for early shovelhead it will fit you panhead. In 1974 HD changed the piston pin height and in 1978 they went to 80 cubic inch. So 1966 to 1973 is the same as FL panhead.
        According to WISECO web site the K1611 pistons will fit 66-77, so does that mean they won't work. Seems strange if pin location and or piston height was changed in 74. Finding 60 over pistons for a panhead is proving much more difficult than I expected. Also many larger retailers will not ship to california due to CARB restrictions. I guess I'll try calling WISECO and try and get a more definitive answer.

Comment

Working...
        X