does pan or knuckle clutch fit a 45 wl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does pan or knuckle clutch fit a 45 wl

Does anyone know if a knuckle or pan clutch assembly fit a 45 flathead? On the internet there are offered clutch hubs that are advertised as fitting the wl's, el's and fl's. Photos show the clutch hubs looking pretty much the same except that the 45 has ball bearings and the big twins using roller bearings. I am going to need a clutch for my WL project as soon as I find a trans and there are a few panhead clutch hubs lying around the shop that I part-time at. I just don't have a 45 clutch gear to see if it fits the pan clutch hub. Any info is appreciated. (If anyone might have a WL trans available please let me know.)

They are not even remotely close, the 45 clutch hub fits a large spline, the Big Twin clutch hub fits a tapered shaft with a key. The drums are different diameters (45 are larger OD) as are the plates. Friction discs are different. No interchange on those clutches.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by Rubone View Post
      They are not even remotely close, the 45 clutch hub fits a large spline, the Big Twin clutch hub fits a tapered shaft with a key. The drums are different diameters (45 are larger OD) as are the plates. Friction discs are different. No interchange on those clutches.
      Thank you for the reply. I was just not sure because of the misleading adverts for some clutch hubs on E-Bay and I did not have access to a 45 clutch gear to check it out.

Comment

they are totally different.
        i have a complete 45 clutch assembly for sale (hub, drum, plates, springs, pressure plate, etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead 61 View Post
          they are totally different.
          i have a complete 45 clutch assembly for sale (hub, drum, plates, springs, pressure plate, etc.)
          An acquaintance is supposed to be digging up a clutch for me but his reliability is questionable. How much are you looking for for the clutch? Also looking for a 45 solo transmission if you know of one available.

Comment

Originally posted by fadingfast View Post
            An acquaintance is supposed to be digging up a clutch for me but his reliability is questionable. How much are you looking for for the clutch? Also looking for a 45 solo transmission if you know of one available.
            how does $250 for the complete clutch assembly sound?
            pm your number & i can get you pictures.

Comment

Working...
            X