61-62 tank badges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 61-62 tank badges

How can you distinguish 61-62 oem badges from aftermarket? I have a set that appears old but it don’t see FOX on the inside. Also Harley is black and Davidson is red.

Pretty sure the hyphen in between Harley & Davidson is a different length. Can post pics if needed.
    Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Fox didn't make the cast badges.
      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

These have a short (about 1/8-3/16”) hyphen that is black. I tried posting a picture but did something wrong. If you have a picture I’d appreciate it.
        Thanks

Comment

DSC06596.jpgDSC06597.jpg
          The badge with the black lettering is Eagle Iron AM and says so on the underside. The hyphen is about 3/16 long. The badge with the red lettering is OEM. The hyphen is about 5/32 long. The original hyphen also appears to be a little wider and deeper than the Eagle Iron.
          Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Mine appear to be real going by hyphen length. Only difference in mine is black Harley and red Davidson.
            Thanks for the help.

Comment

My 61 has black lettering but didn't measure hyphen white back round just like the blue bike above. Pretty sure mine are OEM as the bike was owned by the owner of Detroit HD and he had since new. Bike is Hi Fi Red and Birch white.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
              AMCA #12766

Comment

More comparisons.CIMG1838.JPGCIMG1841.JPGCIMG1842.jpgCIMG1843.jpgCIMG1844.jpg Craig

P.S. Sorry for the crappy pics

Comment

I’m wondering what the moderator Harley-Davidson brand (same as Eagle Iron) have on the underside?

Comment

Originally posted by otis71 View Post
                    I’m wondering what the moderator Harley-Davidson brand (same as Eagle Iron) have on the underside?
                    I don't know what the moderator HD brand is, but below are photos of (a) a HD licensed, Tawain made version and (b) a repop ("RB"?) version.

Photo 1:

Photo 2:

Photo 3:

Photo 4:

[END]
                    Fletcher Clark Johnston
                    AMCA #282

Comment

Working...
                    X