VL Original Style Coil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VL Original Style Coil

Can anyone give me a heads up on a currently available coil to suit a 35 VL Harley. Looking for one that is the design of the original. This bike is a rider and I haven't had a lot of success with the V-Twin one that I tried so I am looking for a more reliable alternative. Any assistance appreciated. Seeing that I am situated in Australia it's not a problem where it comes from, US or Europe.

Must be 6 volt as I am running everything original.
    Last edited by downunder vl; 09-07-2020, 07:07 AM.

My supplier is out of stock of new ones at the moment, so they are hard to find right now. You can consider reworking an old one. I'm told the early 6 volt Honda coil fits inside the can if you are prepared to deal with the mastic. I have a couple of old ones if you want to give it a try.

Comment

Try bulldogbrothersgarage@gmail.com He is making repops of original cases with modern coils inside.
      Bob Selph
      1933VC/1934LT Sidecar
      1940 Sport Scout
      AMCA#15215

Comment

Originally posted by bselph View Post
        Try bulldogbrothersgarage@gmail.com He is making repops of original cases with modern coils inside.
        I received a coil from Bull Dog for my '46 WL about a month ago, looks like stock including being wired to the correct terminals. About 150 miles, so far I am very impressed. Good people making a much needed product.

Comment

Working...
        X