Oil Coolers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Coolers

In need of advise about oil coolers. I have been looking at them for several days with no real luck. I have it in mind that more rows are better, but the room to mount one is very limited because of a 69 flh handshift sidecar unit. I have a couple of older coolers that are not turbulent.
    I have a new Jagg manual bypass valve and Jagg seems to make nice coolers, as kits mostly, which are very costly.
    Thank you,
    Ryan

Its been decades since I ran one, Ryan,..

But it would be really useful for us all if you could get a 'non-contact thermometer', and log your motor, tank, and ambient temperatures before and after you add a cooler.

Or at least I would appreciate it, Thanks!

...Cotten
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
      Its been decades since I ran one, Ryan,..

But it would be really useful for us all if you could get a 'non-contact thermometer', and log your motor, tank, and ambient temperatures before and after you add a cooler.

Or at least I would appreciate it, Thanks!

...Cotten
      Any specific times for running or riding, Too much information does not apply, I am sure. I will purchase a non contact thermometer and get that information asap.
      I will start with the coolers that I already have first. I can now take pictures. Thanks Cotten
      Last edited by ryan; 09-02-2020, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Please log as many observations as you can, Ryan!

Any data is better than conjecture.

But I imagine long and hard duty, reaching an equilibrium, should tell us more than duty that wouldn't need a cooler.

Perhaps "commuting", or traveling the same route and distance over and over, would eliminate a lot of confusing variables as well.

....Cotten
        Last edited by T. Cotten; 09-02-2020, 12:54 PM.
        AMCA #776
        Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Working...
        X