Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member and new Duo Glide owner in Tulsa, OK

Good afternoon,

Recently purchased a '64 Duo Glide after being out of the motorcycle hobby for 25+ years. My wife and I have been involved with vintage airplanes and cars for a number of years and looking forward to moving away from flying and back to road riding.

Glad to have this club and forum, as I already have some questions and looking for advise.

Tim Payne
    Tulsa, OK

IMG_9358.jpg
    Last edited by TimP; 08-30-2020, 05:00 PM. Reason: add picture

Welcome, Tim!

Is that a seam I see between the muffler and the 'sharktail'?

If they come off, I'd bet it runs better without them.

(By my experience, anyway...)

....Cotten
    PS: Duals rule.
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 08-30-2020, 05:12 PM.
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Yes, I've thought about that. Right now, trying to diagnose a potential oiling issue...

Thank you for your welcome!

Comment

Welcome Tim, Glad you came back to reality.
        A bit of that isn't '64 though....
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thank you for the welcome, Robbie! I’m here to enjoy and learn along the way. I welcome any insight you’re willing to provide. Of the parts issues w/this back that are incorrect, I question the windshield, the primary should be painted and paint on the tanks is wrong. What else do you see?

Comment

Welcome Tim, gee wiz, from flying vintage planes to bikes, how will you ever getting any enjoyment from riding old slow bikes you cannot barrel roll? Lol Enjoy your new bike and the club!
            Take care,
            Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by TimP View Post
              Thank you for the welcome, Robbie! I’m here to enjoy and learn along the way. I welcome any insight you’re willing to provide. Of the parts issues w/this back that are incorrect, I question the windshield, the primary should be painted and paint on the tanks is wrong. What else do you see?
              Footboards, handlevers, regulator mounting position, ignition switch, seat, shifter cover missing, all pretty easy to deal with. Possibly more with more pictures.
              Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thank you, Ryan!

Comment

Thank you for your input, Robbie. If you don’t mind, I will private message you with pictures once I figure out the oil flow issue. I’d like to have the bike close to original, but maybe “accessorized” a little with pieces appropriate for the era.

Comment

Originally posted by TimP View Post
                    Thank you for your input, Robbie. If you don’t mind, I will private message you with pictures once I figure out the oil flow issue. I’d like to have the bike close to original, but maybe “accessorized” a little with pieces appropriate for the era.
                    No problem Tim.
                    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Tim, Welcome, but I'm more interested in the '67 to '72 C-10 behind the Duo Glide. Bike's nice too!
                      DrSprocket

Comment

Glad you joined us Tim, nice Glide.

Mike Love

Comment

welcome aboard

Comment

Working...
                          X