How rare are they?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How rare are they?

Been looking for motor sprockets for my Servi Car. I've read many stories about the 27 tooth being too big. I have not found anything about running a 24 or 26. The parts list shows that they existed at one time. 40232 -29 is the 24 and 40234-29 is the 26. Are these sprocket for real or just hard to come by. Thanks.

Sprockets were made in every tooth count from 17-34. Yes, they were real. However, the 24, 25, and 26 are some of the hardest to find. They were mostly used on race bikes and almost never on anything else. I have had extras at times but don't believe I do right now.

All the sprockets...
    Attached Files
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

27 is available because they were std. WLA for side-car use, and now replicas are made.
      Because of the 37 tooth G axle sprocket, an engine sprocket size has about the effect of a 10% larger than in a solo: 27 = 30, etc. or about 4.74:1.
      This is as tall as I would go with a trike, you can slow the motor down a lot more but 1st gear won't pull the skin off a chocolate pudding.
      I've driven a heavy trike with a 30 (G engine: 22 hp) and it was a slug in traffic, but ran really well at parkway speed.
      The Linkert Book

Comment

I've got a used 24 tooth cushion sprocket off a 1930 C model. Not great but maybe worth a try for the cost of the postage, which is now high by the way.

Comment

I’ll have a look. I have a box full of these somewhere in all sorts of tooth counts.
          Mark
          Mark Masa
          www.linkcycles.com

Comment

Really Kool! Thanks

Comment

I bought a 33 tooth from V Twin. It's a little sluggish coming out of the hole but the top end is unbelievable.
              Be sure to visit;
              http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
              Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
              Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

I agree with Chris. I run a 30 and is great on on top end but a little hard on the clutch. Hilly country is a different story. If only I had the old 5.00/ 16s on it would be perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by MMasa View Post
                  I’ll have a look. I have a box full of these somewhere in all sorts of tooth counts.
                  Mark
                  I think the 25 would be the holy grail for me. I live in hilly country and most of our rides are in the mountains. I would be happy at 50 mph if I can cut the rpm's down a bit....

Comment

Originally posted by bamacec View Post
                    I think the 25 would be the holy grail for me. I live in hilly country and most of our rides are in the mountains. I would be happy at 50 mph if I can cut the rpm's down a bit....
                    25 seems to be the hardest of any to find though!!
                    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Working...
                    X