wiring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiring question

Looking at the pieces that make up the assembly for the fiber board that goes between the top and bottom trees on a glide. Why is there an insulated washer under the head of the screw? the board is already insulated, as it is made out of, I'd guess, phenolic. Anybody?

I pulled one off the wall, Omar!

And they look cad/rusty to me...

....Cotten
    PS: The phenolic is often called Micarta.
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

When I said "looking", I meant at the assembly drawing in the spare parts book. The part number is 71098-38, and it is described as a screw insulator. The dash number would indicate that it was used somewhere else on the bike earlier, but I kinda scanned through a few of the electrical sections and didn't see it repeated. The index only shows it appearing on page 170 of the spare parts book.

Comment

Originally posted by Omarttentmaker View Post
        When I said "looking", I meant at the assembly drawing in the spare parts book. The part number is 71098-38, and it is described as a screw insulator. The dash number would indicate that it was used somewhere else on the bike earlier, but I kinda scanned through a few of the electrical sections and didn't see it repeated. The index only shows it appearing on page 170 of the spare parts book.
        The terminal board for the fork uses hex head bolts with nuts and washers. The picture I believe you are looking at is the hardware for the metal terminal box behind the coil.
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

You are correct, Robbie. My mistake!

Comment

Working...
          X