Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1949 Harley WL - Saddlebag Goods to Carry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1949 Harley WL - Saddlebag Goods to Carry?

I have finally added bags to my 1949 four five after many years of never being able to carry anything!
    Any suggestions of what specific tools and/or spare parts to carry?
    (A spark plug or two, various sizes of wrenches?)
    Just seeking helpful hints.
    Thanks
    Matt Allyn
    1932 Ford Roadster / 1949 Mercury Coupe / 1949 Harley Davidson 45 / 1957 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible / 1957 Lincoln Premiere Convertible / 1959 Lambretta TV175 / 1962 Sunbeam Alpine Convertible / 1962 Chrysler New Yorker Station Wagon / 1962 Chrysler 300H / 1962 Chrysler 300 Sport / 1964 International Travelall / 2015 Tesla Model S

Cell phone!

(I hope to get one someday...)

....Cotten
    PS: Just for clarity, Folks,..
    My Stone Mountain tool purse weighs fourteen pounds.
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 08-25-2020, 05:10 PM.
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

If you ride any distance like I do a couple extra plugs for sure but I also carry an extra coil, relay, points, and condenser, master link, a couple of half links, and a chain breaker along with the usual end wrenches, pliers, screw driver, etc. Don't forget a fair sized crescent wrench for the axle nuts, etc. And remember if you ride the road less traveled you may not have cell phone reception. P.S. I watched someone on a road run I was on and now I carry several small chain purses and or old marble bags with extra small bolts, washers, nuts, and some electrical tape and a few zip ties. You never know. If you have these you probably never need them but you friends will. This might take up half of one bag but that still leaves you lots of room in the other. A bungee cord or two always comes in hand too. You asked.
      DrSprocket

Comment

All great suggestions. Thank you!
        Matt Allyn
        1932 Ford Roadster / 1949 Mercury Coupe / 1949 Harley Davidson 45 / 1957 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible / 1957 Lincoln Premiere Convertible / 1959 Lambretta TV175 / 1962 Sunbeam Alpine Convertible / 1962 Chrysler New Yorker Station Wagon / 1962 Chrysler 300H / 1962 Chrysler 300 Sport / 1964 International Travelall / 2015 Tesla Model S

Comment

Great advice, and suggestions from an experienced traveler like RichO. Since you now have saddlebags, make room for a quart of oil.
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

From a tool perspective carry only the tools you will need and know how to use. Leave the rest at home. Cell phone and credit card - aint it great traveling in the new millennium.

Jerry

Comment

Working...
            X