Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichO View Post
    Thank you Mike.
    I also want to thank Mike. Boycott Harley? Really ?? I have not visited ANY of the local Harley Dealers in over 20 years. None are owned by the original owners or families. They have not one item for any of my 1920's through 1950's bikes or trikes that I own.
    Craig Heinle AMCA # 2338

Comment

Originally posted by 41craig View Post
      I also want to thank Mike. Boycott Harley? Really ?? I have not visited ANY of the local Harley Dealers in over 20 years. None are owned by the original owners or families. They have not one item for any of my 1920's through 1950's bikes or trikes that I own.
      Craig Heinle AMCA # 2338
      Craig - you make an interesting observation. I have a friend that had been a mechanic for H-D dealers going back into the late 60s. He absorbed a lot of the environment and business acumen of the motorcycle industry and points out that the "New" motorcycle industry is generally looking forward and certainly not back. They are busy selling new bikes and really cant afford to reflect too far back on the ones they already sold. Obviously they would like to make some money for service and merchandise but that is limited in years not even back as far as what would qualify as an antique bike by AMCA standards. My feel on this in regard to dealers of any new vehicle toward customers is "what have you done for me lately - oh you look perfect for this shiny Road King over here, would you like to take it for a ride?"

Comment

Remember back when they tried to copyright the sound of a v-twin. Indian's no better like when they forced Jim Sutter and many more out of business. It's all about the money sonny!
        DrSprocket

Comment

Originally posted by RichO View Post
          Remember back when they tried to copyright the sound of a v-twin. Indian's no better like when they forced Jim Sutter and many more out of business. It's all about the money sonny!
          How would Harley be making money in country by shutting down their own dealerships that are turning a profit? I know of 3 older dealerships that Harley dropped in the past year.

The thing is, Harley does not care about America nor the American citizens anymore!!!

Comment

H-D can not force a dealer to close their doors. They can revoke the franchise agreement and no longer sell to them or allow them to use the H-D name. The shop can continue to operate as an independent operation. Like Harry Pelton and Harry Molenaar did after their tickets got pulled.
            Be sure to visit;
            http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
            Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
            Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Happened to Robinson's in Daytona Beach and recently Jim's H=D in Mendon, Ohio. And probably many other older dealerships. I wish these shops success as independents. It seems that if you won't build a big new megastore that caters to the new generation of "riders" the MoCo doesn't want you.
              Dave

Comment

This was over a damn facebook post on his PERSONAL PAGE! not over any dealership issue........OUTRAGEOUS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HDSmitty View Post
                  This was over a damn facebook post on his PERSONAL PAGE! not over any dealership issue........OUTRAGEOUS!!!!

This sums up on how this outfit operates --->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Facebook

*M.A.D.*
                  Last edited by JoJo357; 09-01-2020, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HDSmitty View Post
                    Although I do agree your personal opinions/views should reflect only about you and not views of the company your represent, but you are a representative of a company who believes this reflects bad on them and has the right to pull the plug. Every company has guidelines about social media and if you cross those lines, you pay the consequences. This is not just about Harley-Davidson but all companies/sports, athletes, etc. etc..
                    Craig (Delaware)
                    Delaware Bay Chapter
                    Perkiomen Chapter
                    AMCA Member #1011

Comment

I agree COMPLETELY with Ryan as he posted in reply #2. In MY opinion - Screw BLM and their Marxist B.S. Harley ought to stick to the motorcycle business and STAY OUT of peoples PERSONAL comments/feelings. This country and its longtime dealers and the loyal public have kept this company solvent. We must NOT let this "politically correct" bullsh*t carry on. I love the Harley machines, history and all that but treating a longtime, loyal, much appreciated dealer in this fashion is INEXCUSABLE. BAD ON YOU Harley-Davidson.

Comment

Working...
                      X