Abernathy H-D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abernathy H-D

Sad State of Affairs!!! Read the description's on the 1953 & 1965 eBaY ads.

https://ebay.us/uKghpx >>>1953 Panhead.
    Harley-Davidson Other .This bike is at Abernathy’s Harley-Davidson Union City Tn 731-885-2054 . Been in showroom has not been started in years . Run perfect when it was retired. Sheet metal is original. Selling my collection of old Harleys been a dealer for them for 63 years and made a comment on Facebook about BLM and they closed my doors . Sickening what this once great country is coming to.

https://ebay.us/kjMbY4 >>>1965 M50
    Harley-Davidson Other . This bike is at Abernathy’s Harley-Davidson Union City Tn 38261 731-885-2054. Machine is great has normal scratches and little ding in front fender from rim has rust on it . I’m selling my collection of antique Harley-Davidson’s due to the motor company shutting me down after being a good dealer for 63 years great employees and huge beautiful store for making a comment on my personal face book concerning BLM and Antifa so you can see this country is in trouble!

https://ebay.us/cm37xF >>>1935 VLD

***Abernathy's Harley-Davidson® is owned and operated by Russell "Tootie" Abernathy II & Carol Fox Abernathy.

Abernathy's Harley-Davidson® was founded in 1955 when Tootie Abernathy's grandfather, the late Clarence Abernathy, began working with Harley® motorcycles in his garage.

Tootie's father eventually moved the business to Union City, Tennessee and into the location on West Main Street, where it remained for over forty years.

Tootie has grown his family's business into one of the leading Harley-Davidson® dealerships in Tennessee and in October 2012 was ranked #1 in customer satisfaction in the Tennessee region by Harley-Davidson® and #6 in the entire nation.

Abernathy's has always prided itself in customer satisfaction and its reputation for honest, straight-forward pricing. So, if you're looking for new and used motorcycles from Harley-Davidson®, we will get you a fair price. Or if you are looking for Harley-Davidson® parts and accessories or motorcycle service in Tennessee, please give us a try. We can promise you, you won't regret it. We are even convenient to customers coming from Paducah, Memphis, and Clarksville.

Abernathy's Harley-Davidson® is conveniently located near the areas of Dyersburg, Paris and Jackson, TN and Fulton, Mayfield and Murray, KY.

https://abernathyonline.com/clicked/billboard/8738 >>>Abernathy H-D Website.

*M.A.D.*
    Last edited by JoJo357; 08-23-2020, 03:45 AM.

And I got grumped at for calling these types of people participating in this kind of stuff the cancel culture. This just proves my point once again. This really needs to get out and around so people can boycott this pos company. I will certainly do my part to do so by boycotting Harley and sending the Harley president a letter.
    This is sad, really sad! The Marxist are really have a deep foot hold in this country. Someone should organize a ride to Harley to make a very loud statement to these a holes!!!

Comment

apparently freedom of speech only applies if you are not a white man.
      WTF is wrong with the world today?!?
      everyone seems to be hurt by words now & turned into a pussy.

Comment

If you have a business and can take the heat, say anything you want. I also think everyone should be held accountable for what they say, at least if they were then maybe when they reach their late teens, they might have all their stupidity knocked out of them.

Comment

Originally posted by BNSONS View Post
          If you have a business and can take the heat, say anything you want. I also think everyone should be held accountable for what they say, at least if they were then maybe when they reach their late teens, they might have all their stupidity knocked out of them.
          He was not wrong by calling them out for being Marxist. Harley should not have pulled the dealership for that, so by poxy, they agree with Marxism and should be prepared to pay for that!
          Last edited by ryan; 08-24-2020, 09:51 PM.

Comment

I know nothing about the situation but am going to suggest that it is much deeper than a onetime comment on social media.

Jerry

Originally posted by ryan View Post
            He was not wrong by calling them out for being Marxist. Harley should not have pulled the dealership for that, so by poxy, they agree with Marxism and should be prepared to pay for that!

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Wieland View Post
              I know nothing about the situation but am going to suggest that it is much deeper than a onetime comment on social media.

Jerry
              In today's firey political climate, it could very well be just the one comment.

Comment

I was thinking of picking up a new Ultra soon but in light of this discrimination against a very solid and established dealer I will put this idea of mine off. I was on the fence anyway but now will just ride what I already have. I will not support this reckless and heavy handed behavior by Harley Davidson. Shame on them!!
                #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

Jerry
                  They were ranked 6th in the entire nation in 2012 for customer satisfaction according to the post here. If true that tells me a lot about them.
                  #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

Jerry
                    I agree, I also believe that we're not hearing the whole story.

Comment

A very good friend just closed his dealership that has been in business since the 60's, the Motor Company fined him $10,000 for using the word "deal" in a ad that ran for 2 days, he had enough of them.

Comment

Hi Folks:

Its impossible for our current world social climate not to creep into our forum. You all do a good job of keeping it about the antique motorcycle world and yes the impact of the upheaval does impact antique motorcycles since that is the reason the H-D dealer is selling his collection after many years. Just please continue to be aware that in a group of people that have come together for one purpose, in our case antique motorcycles, other issues from social conditions, politics, money, music, religion, etc. we are going to find that some people will have one view and others will have another. Conflict is human and it can both bring about good change and bad change and we have little control over that in the AMCA Community Forum. Just know that you have fellow members that are going to feel differently about the current social upheaval and that's a fact. Keep discussion, comments and commentary classy and in line with club rules.

I will always be doing the job of moderation based on what I feel is best for our community forum and not how I might feel socially. The AMCA membership wants me to moderate in the most fair means possible and maintain posting and discussion as the Club rules say “solely for the purpose of providing members with a valuable source of information, communication and discussion about antique motorcycles 35 years and older.”

Thanks and high regards to you all

Mike Love
                        AMCA Forum Moderator

Comment

Look like a significant stock buy back and manipulation at the top floor at HOG recently. Trying to recover from lows of $15/share in March. Strong headwinds for the motor company, with dealerships closing it appears it may be a rough ride through the fall season... maybe much longer.
                          Following MarketWatch, Seeking Alpha, and others for analytical data on HOG performance on the "Big Board". Today, a sell recommendation from consensus researchers.

A new CEO and a modified business strategy to "trim the fat" explains much of the activity recently. H/D is known for being in out of touch with consumers and the overall market. Poor performance, weak management, a dinasour product in comparison to the motorcycle market, paints a bleak picture for the future of HOG.
                          Cutting off your nose to spite your face, is an old adage that comes to mind.

Its always all about the money... just business as usual. In the business world there are no friendships, no loyalty, only profits and losses. No emotional ties. period.

p.s. its a shame the nuts and bolts of capitalism are so unforgiving, the alternative isn't any more rewarding. I feel sorry for the Abernathy's and others who have been dealt a crushing blow, all in the name of "social justice", and another mans attempt for survival in the business world. Life isn't always equally fair.

Comment

Thank you Mike.
                            DrSprocket

Comment

Originally posted by pan620 View Post
                              A very good friend just closed his dealership that has been in business since the 60's, the Motor Company fined him $10,000 for using the word "deal" in a ad that ran for 2 days, he had enough of them.
                              The suits at Harley Davidson have made some heavy handed and/or cowardly decisions for some time now. These latest moves are nothing new really.

Originally posted by ihrescue View Post
                              You all do a good job of keeping it about the antique motorcycle world...
                              In the spirit of keeping it about the antique motorcycle world... the MoCo's treatment of Bill's Cycle a few years ago was just a portent of things to come. I've had enough of them since then.

Comment

Working...
                              X