Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chief Kickstarter differences

Hello,

I have a copy of Hatfield's Indian restoration guide, but cannot find what I am looking for in it.

Can anyone tell me what the differences are, if any, for the kickstarter arm for a Chief by year-range? Is there any way to tell if a kickstarter arm is OEM or repop?

Thanks for any info.

Refer to Greers on-line catalog for specs. Theres a difference between the mag kicker and the Batt kicker. Same goes for the respective ratchet gears.

My suggestion would be to use the longer kicker for the 80" models. Makes the effort to start the bike much easier. Ratchet gear would be the same as the batt type.
    Starklite offers the longer 80" kicker pedal, I don't think Greer does.

Not sure what years all this started... 80" likely started in '50. Not sure about earlier kickers, but may have been a change in '40, when Indian went to the plunger frame
    chiefs. Not sure about the year changes, but I do know you will be much happier with the 80" longer kicker arm... even on earlier models.

If you're real anal about correctness, use the proper kicker for your year model. Just be sure to match the ratchet with the proper gear count on the respective kicker arm.

C2K

Comment

Working...
    X