Indian Vertical Seat Restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian Vertical Seat Restoration

Before the spread of the COVID19 pandemic, I had sent Heather's Leathers my Indian Vertical seat for restoration. After a move to a new location for the business owner and a back log of work, here is the result of a quality restoration.
    Wayne and his staff do great work.

Before
    Chop Mark of the Leathersmith who made my seat GT at HL.jpg
    Solo Seat Top View.jpg

After

Restored Scout 249 Solo Heathers Leathers.jpg
    Restored Vertical Solo Pan.jpg

-JR 36450

Glad you like it, great looking seat. Is the stamping an original stamp? Also the rivets shot in from the top as well?

Comment

Ryan,

I am not certain what method of riveting was used. They appear to have been shot through the bottom, though I wouldn't know. As far as I know, the vertical seat never had that stamp on it. All the originals I have seen do not have the company symbol at all. I have seen this on Kiwi Indian seats and I think Mr. Thomas's company as well as other shops do this in genuine homage to Indian. I think it's a nice touch for a vintage seat.

-JR

Comment

What you are seeing is the splayed bottom end of the rivet. I have never seen the stamp on the vertical either, but I have only seen a few of them.
        I do have 2 sets of leather bags almost completed, the jewels and spots are set in the tops, but only had partial pattern for the side jewels and spots, but have enough done that a picture may work to complete them. I also had a set of mounting plates laser cut out of stainless.
        Do you still have you leather bags?
        Last edited by ryan; 08-05-2020, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Saddle Bags

Originally posted by ryan View Post
          What you are seeing is the splayed bottom end of the rivet. I have never seen the stamp on the vertical either, but I have only seen a few of them.
          I do have 2 sets of leather bags almost completed, the jewels and spots are set in the tops, but only had partial pattern for the side jewels and spots, but have enough done that a picture may work to complete them. I also had a set of mounting plates laser cut out of stainless.
          Do you still have you leather bags?
          I never liked saddle bags unless they are plain leather on a 741 or an 841 Scout. For my vertical 249 Scout, I'm going with a more or less un-accessorized look. The only accessory items will probably be the spotlights, center stand and a mirror. I still have no spotlights, mirror or exhaust system.

-JR

Comment

Originally posted by JTR249 View Post
            I never liked saddle bags unless...
            -JR
            I never found ANY bags I didn't like, JR!

(Even if they just hang in the attic.)

Bags bolt-on-and-off, or whatever, so run a different set every day of the week. Now THAT's the 'look'.

Personally, I didn't care when my eyes were on the road, but I admit I loved big city's glass store fronts where you could profile in the reflection.

....Cotten
            PS: Anybody have any "hacks" for conserving vinyl fringe? (Like when chunks are missing?)
            Attached Files
            Last edited by T. Cotten; 08-06-2020, 02:04 PM.
            AMCA #776
            Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

The bags I have share the same lid, but the sides have a different spot pattern and Indian stamped in the side. I also have a set with no spots.

Cotten, is that you pictured? Are those bikes yours?

Comment

Working...
              X