Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harley J JD 1924 1925 Electrical System Switch, Relay, Buzzer Unit, ULTRA RARE!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harley J JD 1924 1925 Electrical System Switch, Relay, Buzzer Unit, ULTRA RARE!!

The rarest of the rare when it comes to JD parts. In 30+ years of dealing in Harley JD parts, I've come across, and bought 7 JDH Engines or bikes and we all know how rare those are.
    In contrast, this is only the second one of these switch assemblies that I've had that was anywhere close to complete. It's usually just a bare base with maybe an insulator on it.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/264813798476

switch1.jpgswitch2.jpg
    Last edited by MMasa; 07-30-2020, 05:11 PM.
    Mark Masa
    www.linkcycles.com

Mark,

Nice find! I'm sure that anyone looking for that part would be thrilled to get it, I know I would!

I'd like to make a comment regarding your post above, specifically the portion ..."In 30+ years of dealing in Harley JD parts, I've come across, and bought 7 JDH Engines or bikes and we all know how rare those are". Please don't get me wrong here, I'm not bagging on JD's at all, but it seems to me there were a LOT more J models produced in the 20's than Indian or X, so J parts should be plentiful in comparison! When we did the 2018 Cannonball, the J models were like the Chevy Nova of the Cannonball: Good solid bikes, but geez, dang near everybody had one! I'm not a JD guy, mostly because I don't have one and prefer the less common brands, guess I like a challenge...... I'm currently restoring a 1924 Big X, last year of the 61" X and production numbers show about 500 made that year, so I get excited when I find a part for one of those!

Maybe I'll start anew thread on those production numbers........

Comment

Gean,
      You’re correct, Harley JD models are relatively plentiful compared to other makes of the era. What I’m really talking about are specific parts for some of these models. For example, take the 1915 to early 1918 Remy model 15/model 250 generators. These are extremely rare and I suspect that is because they were not well designed units. In 1918, when the new style Remy generator was released, I suspect that many of the model 15/model 250s were simply taken off and thrown in the garbage. It seems that people back then didn’t have the foresight to know that we would want to restore these machines to factory new condition. The same is probably true for this 1924/1925 switch assembly. When the 1926 style Dash came out, many of these 24/25 switch assemblies probably met the same fate as the early generators above.
      Mark
      Mark Masa
      www.linkcycles.com

Comment

Might be a nice item for you to reproduce.
        Max

Comment

I have a few parts for a 25 someday maybe all the parts. How much do you want? Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X