deluxe solo seat rosettes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 41craig View Post
    The rosette on the seat has what looks like a chrome washer under the head of the rivet.
    Multiple types of washers were used for Deluxe Solo Saddle rosettes. I believe that a 5/8 inch (outside diameter) washer may have been used for the earliest version of the Deluxe Solo Saddle rosette. For comparison, I believe that a 3/4 inch (outside diameter) washer may have been used for the earliest version of the Deluxe Buddy Seat rosette. I don't know how many types of washers were used for Deluxe Buddy Seat rosettes.

Example 1 (not sure what type of washer):

Example 2 (different type of washer, but not sure what type):

Example 3 (NOS; not sure what type of washer; possibly #10 finishing washer?):

Example 4 (early version of Deluxe Buddy Seat rosette; possibly 3/4 inch O.D. washer?):

Example 5 (reproductions):

Example 6 (accessory "Hi-Ho" leather rosettes; 11754-46):

-

-

[END]
    Fletcher Clark Johnston
    AMCA #282

Comment

Originally posted by FCJ View Post
      Multiple types of washers were used for Deluxe Solo Saddle rosettes. I believe that a 5/8 inch (outside diameter) washer may have been used for the earliest version of the Deluxe Solo Saddle rosette. For comparison, I believe that a 3/4 inch (outside diameter) washer may have been used for the earliest version of the Deluxe Buddy Seat rosette. I don't know how many types of washers were used for Deluxe Buddy Seat rosettes.

Example 1 (not sure what type of washer):

Example 2 (different type of washer, but not sure what type):

Example 3 (NOS; not sure what type of washer; possibly #10 finishing washer?):

Example 4 (early version of Deluxe Buddy Seat rosette; possibly 3/4 inch O.D. washer?):

Example 5 (reproductions):

Example 6 (accessory "Hi-Ho" leather rosettes; 11754-46):

-

-

[END]
      All the metal hardware, except for the spoon, can be bought from the original supplier that is still in business, which I am very hesitant to name. The cutters for the, leather, round corner rosettes is still made and can still be bought, but the pointed edge rosette cutters are hard to find as they are no longer made, but can be made to order by a number of suppliers. I have only seen one of the five flower design stamps, but it was not in a cutter.
      Last edited by ryan; 08-11-2020, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan View Post
        All the metal hardware, except for the spoon, can be bought from the original supplier that is still in business, which I am very hesitant to name.
        Why are you hesitant to name the supplier? Are you saying that all the metal hardware (except for the spoon) was supplied by Standard Rivet Company or some other company?
        Last edited by FCJ; 08-11-2020, 02:11 PM.
        Fletcher Clark Johnston
        AMCA #282

Comment

Originally posted by FCJ View Post
          Why are you hesitant to name the supplier? Are you saying that all the metal hardware (except for the spoon) was supplied by Standard Rivet Company or some other company?
          You got it, Standard Rivet Company. Did not want to upset the retail bag and seat makers. lol Anyway, the choncho/rosette cutters are Supplies buy Osborne Tool Company.

https://www.standardrivet.com

https://www.csosborneleathertools.co...l.php?p_id=369
          Last edited by ryan; 08-11-2020, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X