1955 Panhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1955 Panhead

Going to go look at a 1955 Panhead, a mid 80s Harley and a bunch of parts in the morning. A guy has been helping me put my bike together and told me today that his older sister (he is 80 by the way) has a 1955 Panhead and an 86 or 87 "big Harley with leather bags" in her barn along with a bunch of parts. He said they have been in there since her husband died in 1992. Funny he brought it up today after he has been helping for several days.lol Not sure if I can get anything bought or not, but will be fun nonetheless.

One of the first times that I went to look at a bike and it was actually the bike I was told about. It is a yellow 55 flh foot shift bike and the other bike is a 1989 teal and cream/off white herititage softail. There are a lot of parts, several springers hanging up, a couple had huge steering head shafts, maybe 1.25 or 1.375, I did not have a rule, a lot of wheels, 2 sidecar bodies and just all kinds of stuff. I was asked not to take pictures, so I did not.
    Anyway, pretty neat. I offered her a price for the stuff and she will let me know this week, but she said it does look good for me.

Comment

Hi Ryan, golden rule. Good luck

Comment

Hope it works out for you Ryan. Now the anxious wait....
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

The wait is pretty daunting. She had some pretty neat stories about the panhead, a car pulled out in front of her husband in 1958 and he swerved to miss the car, laid it down and went sliding down the road, he thought he was out of danger until he hit a post sticking up out of the ground which shot him like a sling shot, she said. He got busted up pretty good and after about 3 months of healing he fixed the bike, she said it not do as must damage as one would of thought, but still took some fixing.
          About 6 months after the bike was fixed, they came home after a wedding to find the bike gone, someone had stolen it. She said they were devastated to find it missing. She said it was recovered in less than a week, they had hired a guy to do some work around the farm and that guy's worker had stolen it.
          Anyhow, she was very neat to talk to. Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
          X