Indian motorcycle name change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ryan View Post
    I will not apologize to any of the cancel culturelist, you cannot change history because it makes you feel good,
    Sometime in the early 1960s I saw the 1943 movie 'Corregidor' on TV and vividly remember one character in the movie saying to another that she could do something because she was "free, white, and twenty-one." It struck such a cord that I immediately asked my mother what it meant (I watched that movie again in more recent time and that scene is missing). Until 1949 the AMA rulebook explicitly banned "negroes" from competition, and in the early 1960s it was common to hear the n-word used in everyday conversation.

Those are part of "history," and I certainly wouldn't want anyone to forget they actually are part of history, but it's not "cancel-culture" to object to those terms being used today. Not wanting those terms used isn't to make someone feel good, it's to not to treat others as less than equal. I would hope that if Sucher were writing his book today that he would be aware enough of positive changes in the world around him over the past 43 years that he would use a different title.

Comment

Aho, kemenwipematethi? No, no, no, I was not going into that at all, I know people were not treated well, but that is recorded as so. I was talking about the cancelling of history and only history. You cannot punish people from the past, nor change their point of view by erasing what people thought or did or punish the people of today for what the people of yesterday did.
      I was not even thinking of blacks doing this, but the marxist groups, but since you brought them up. I go to a black owned bodyshop daily, in the "hood", and hear the N word more in one day than I ever have in my life prior to doing so. Go spend some time in these communities as I do, listen to what the people have to say, put air in their kids bikes, tighten their chains and what not, get the minibikes running, buy their candybars. They will tell you who tries to keep them down and you may be amazed by the answers. I would much rather be black with two legs than be who I am with one leg.
      My dad is a Sauk America Indian, but I am not a member of the tribe, he did not register my brother, sister or myself because he wanted us to make that dicision. We are only Indian if we are registered with a tribe and have a blood quantum card. Only three things in America are registered with blood, horses, dogs and Indians.
      A Spanish person, Spain is part of Europe mind you that did more killing and enslaving people than any English or Americans, gets minority benefits no questions asked, but an American Indian without a quantum card cannot. Ask my dad how his parents kept their farms when fdr's Indian renewal act, that was suppose to help Indians on the reservations, but on the other hand, was trying to put Indians back on the reservations and stealing their farms.
      No matter what happened in our history, we have grown, with growing pains, I might add. Today, the only person being held back is by ones self. You and I need to have a chat on the phone and not on this site. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by ryan View Post
        You and I need to have a chat on the phone and not on this site. Lol
        Agreed. Back to motorcycles.

Comment

Speaking of Indians, a collector up the street just got in some board track racers and a couple of hill climbers. I think he is building one of the nicest and largest collections I have ever seen. Oh, he also just got in a Thor with a sidecar. All the bikes are for sale if anyone is looking for anything.

Comment

Working...
          X