Dual line Good year speed grip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual line Good year speed grip

I have a dual white wall Good Year Speed Grip tire on my sidecar that is in very nice shape. The tire however does have blem burned in the side of the tire. I cannot see any blemishes anywhere. I really think I should not run the tire and should probably sell it or trade it off to someone who is looking for more originality. I do not know the value of the tire and need help on this.
    Thanks,
    Ryan

Why do you think "I should not run the tire" ? There is minimal load on a sidecar tire, so unless there is an issue with the integrity of the tire it is fine to run. And if there is an integrity issue the value becomes zero. Or is this merely an aesthetics issue?
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by Rubone View Post
      Why do you think "I should not run the tire" ? There is minimal load on a sidecar tire, so unless there is an issue with the integrity of the tire it is fine to run. And if there is an integrity issue the value becomes zero. Or is this merely an aesthetics issue?
      There is no issue with the tire at all, as stated it is in very good shape and since they are so hard to find, I thought it would be better on a bike someone shows or like I said a points bike. I just did not want to wear down a rare tire, but I have no issues on running it.

Comment

Tire companies do not sell tires with structural blemish's. The Blemish would have to be cosmetic. Most of them I have seen were something with the side wall white.

Originally posted by ryan View Post
        I have a dual white wall Good Year Speed Grip tire on my sidecar that is in very nice shape. The tire however does have blem burned in the side of the tire. I cannot see any blemishes anywhere. I really think I should not run the tire and should probably sell it or trade it off to someone who is looking for more originality. I do not know the value of the tire and need help on this.
        Thanks,
        Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Wieland View Post
          Tire companies do not sell tires with structural blemish's. The Blemish would have to be cosmetic. Most of them I have seen were something with the side wall white.
          I use to work for Cooper tire machining tire molds and knew the blems were not structural and were cosmetic, I should have been more clear and added that in my first posting.
          You are correct about the white sidewall blemishes, sometimes the sidewalls would not come out bright white and they would burn in blem on them and sell them for ten bucks a piece to the employees once a month in a crazy free for all.
          Anyway, whatever blem it had, has long disappeared, so the only blem it has is blem burned into the side of the tire.
          Thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X