Please help identify this nos nut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help identify this nos nut

I've had a small bagful of these for a while. They are flat nickel plated, 11/16" a,f, 3/8" thick, washer faced on one side and 3/8 x 24 tpi thread. I reckon 3195-18, the Mesinger seat front pommel nut, but could be wrong. Any ideas please?
    Attached Files

Steve,
    My 3195-18 nut measures 0.617" AF, 0.315 thick, is washer faced on one side and is 3/8 x 20 tpi which is 3/8 BSF. But it does match the thread on my 3187-29 bolt. These would have come from Messinger wouldn't they?
    Attached Files

Comment

Dear Peter, yes it would be a Mesinger part given a Harley number. Same as 3207-18, the four rear pan stud nuts, which are 9/16" AF and 5/16 UNC thread. I've stopped making these, and it's irritating to see the smaller 0111 nuts used. So what does that make my nos nuts? The flat nickel finish surely makes them pre-1930.

Comment

Thanks for posting those Messinger dimensions, Peter. I remember the first time I encountered Messinger seat hardware and thinking the threads were 'buggered'; not knowing the threads were proprietary to Messinger. I make all my seat hardware now, and taps can be obtained through McMaster Carr : https://www.mcmaster.com/2595A192/
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
        X