clutch pedal pad interference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch pedal pad interference

Because of the early, different design of the clutch pedal on my '38 UL, I seem to be having trouble disengaging the clutch completely. The nut that holds the pedal pad on the heel side lands on top of the footboard, preventing me from getting as much throw out of the clutch arm as I could. I've tried adjusting the stud in the center of the clutch package, but obviously I don't want that stud touching the end of the clutch rod that actuates the throw-out bearing. So, #1, is there a way of overcoming this, and #2, does that style of clutch pedal use a pad at all?

Omar, the pedal pads you should have slip over the pedal. I believe the pads that are held on with a nut came out on the forties. Old Dude sells a nice set of the push ons.
    Dave

Comment

You're not referring to this, are you? I thought this style was later, like late 50's, early 60's....

20200714_091304.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Omarttentmaker View Post
        You're not referring to this, are you? I thought this style was later, like late 50's, early 60's....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29008[/ATTACH]
        Same concept, but wrong type.
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Robbie, If you have a 1937 accessory catalog the ones I'm referring to are on page 19. Durable "Surefoot" Pedal Rubbers. The ad goes on to say: These corrugated rubber pads for clutch and brake pedals are very comfortable. They are molded so they fit tightly over the pedals and usually are usually just pushed on, and they stay in place.

I had a set of NOS ones that Clete had his made from.
          Dave

Comment

Yes I do Dave. In fact I may have a pedal around here with a pad on it. Seems like I saw one digging around a while back. I'll try to take a look.
            Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Here are the pads in a '34 catalog, the first one they appear in.

Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thanks, Rubone!

Comment

Working...
                X