Using after market tubes, and tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using after market tubes, and tires

In judging a motorcycle it's nice to have all the correct parts. As far as I know no one makes the old style tubes with the large valve stems. Are points deducted in judging for the wrong tube valve stems? Also for after market tires. Any thoughts, Stan

They make screw on early style stems that screw on to latter steel tube stems, l use them on my '20 HD, Old Dude sells them. I don't know if points are deducted for not having them but maybe should be because they available.
    Last edited by LouieMCman; 07-12-2020, 02:43 PM.
    Louie
    FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
    Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
    YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

We usually deduct a quarter point per wheel for bikes missing the Schrader valve cheaters. Tyres with a tread pattern that is close to original don't usually get a deduction. This used to be only Cokers, but more makes are available now.

Comment

Ok, so I am not so good with the names (when I was younger I knew them) Any chance someone could post pics of what’s the correct valve? When I google Schrader I just see mostly the metal valves which seem to be predominant today? Is it not the fat rubber valve that’s correct?

Craig

(Actually I figured it out that there are multiple types of Shraders, but I will leave this up as a pic would be nice and maybe even of the cheaters)
        Last edited by Dablaze; 07-16-2020, 07:10 AM. Reason: Mostly because I am a nincompoop.

Comment

Originally posted by Dablaze View Post
          Ok, so I am not so good with the names (when I was younger I knew them) Any chance someone could post pics of what’s the correct valve? When I google Schrader I just see mostly the metal valves which seem to be predominant today? Is it not the fat rubber valve that’s correct?

Craig

(Actually I figured it out that there are multiple types of Shraders, but I will leave this up as a pic would be nice and maybe even of the cheaters)
          https://www.denniskirk.com/drag-spec...pe=Alternative
          This what you're looking for?

Comment

Originally posted by Kozy View Post
            These tubes fit my 77 flh alright. I just came across this post and wondered when they stopped making them, when I just bought some recently.

Comment

Working...
            X