Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1936 Servicar check strap

Greetings
    I've started a new project that I have just recently picked up. A 1936 R servicar, It is a small box, which I think makes it a G. It is mostly complete and mainly needs a few things sorted out and paint. It does not have a check strap with it, and I have not even been able to find a good picture of one. Does anyone have a picture, measurements, or even one they would sell or lend out to make a pattern? Any help would be greatly appreciated. another item Im looking for information on is the muffler hanger that mounts to the underside of the battery box. A photo would be great. I'm in louisiana.
    Thanks
    Max

OK
    Hopefully Ill be able to answer my own question in January, when I go up and get to measure and photograph on on a 35 Servi. I do have some of the mounting hardware for the box end, but am not really sure how it mounts. Thers also a 36 servi in the HD museum, I may try and ask them for some photos.
    thansk
    MAx

Comment

Is this the strap you are talking about?

IMG_4408.jpg
      IMG_4409.jpg

Mine is a '46 which I just blew apart...I can take pictures and measurements as I put it back together if you want.
      I'm new to this all so you may need to be patient.
      The last picture if you can enlarge it shows the cross bar where it attaches. There is also a bracket on the left side which I don't know what it's for.

IMG_3076.jpg

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by trikemike View Post
        Is this the strap you are talking about?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29046[/ATTACH]
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]29047[/ATTACH]

Mine is a '46 which I just blew apart...I can take pictures and measurements as I put it back together if you want.
        I'm new to this all so you may need to be patient.
        The last picture if you can enlarge it shows the cross bar where it attaches. There is also a bracket on the left side which I don't know what it's for.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29048[/ATTACH]

Mike
        Mike,
        I believe he is talking the box recoil check strap. Early Servi-Cars (pre 42) do not have shock absorbers so use cloth straps similar to a sidecar to control the box bounce. The strap you show is the support for the kicker extension casting.
        Robbie
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thanks Robbie, that makes sense.
          Couldn't find it in any of my books...not even the parts book.
          Just ordered the new Palmer set.
          Mike

Comment

Thanks Mike, and Robbie. I have a few photos of how things mount and a picture of what an assembly is supposed to look like. I dont think Ive posted a picture on here, so it should be an adventure. As Robbie says, only early Servis used them, and these were producded in limited numbers. More will be revealed.
            Max

Comment

There was a complete NOS in the box set on eBay about 8 or 9 months ago. I almost bought them just because they are so rare and they were misidentified. I just couldn't justify it and I sold my Small box 41G many years ago without ever finding any for it.
              Robbie
              Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

20201005_112837_resized.jpg20201005_112803_resized.jpg
                Greetings
                So I've managed to get a sample of two diffrent check straps for 1932 to 1940 Servicars. The piece without the the straps Is for a G and a GA, though I have seen pictures with only a single spring. The picture with the straps attatched and the bar with two brackets can be used on a GD, or GE large box. The clamps attatched to the bracket on the GD check strap, appear to be the tie bar clamps used on the box support frame. There are phots on the back page of the 1936 parts book that seem to confirm this. If anone has anymore information, it would be greatly appreciated. The goal here is to take these apart and then make some peices to reproduce a few of them. Once I get them apart, Ill post some pictures in case others want to reproduce their own. There are two metal peices inside the box, a circular part with 2 square holes and a rectangular part with 2 square holes that a friend is having made. The only part I dont have or have a dimensional drawing for, is the curved peice that mounts under the box. If anyone has one a picture would be wonderfull, one with dimensions or one that someone would lend out would also be wonderfull.
                Max
                Last edited by maxglass; 10-05-2020, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X