No announcement yet.

misfiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just want to wrap this up, after 650+ miles last week and not a single misfire or other problem, here's yesterday's outing:

Thanks to every single person who checked in here and gave ideas, they were all valuable and I considered each and every idea! And it seems like the carburetor was the culprit, once again proving that most electrical problems are fuel related (and vice versa)!

I think that the people on this forum have years and years of experience with old motorcycles, and it's good to know there are people wiling to contribute what they know to help keep these bikes on the road and delivering the enjoyment that folks like me get out of them!
    Last edited by pisten-bully; 08-10-2020, 08:44 AM.
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Did you notice an improvement in fuel mileage, Harry?

....Cotten
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
        Did you notice an improvement in fuel mileage, Harry?
        I did at first and it scared me! I keep a notebook in my jacket to record all gas and mileage when I get gas, but with this long diagnostic stretch, and doing several 5, 10, or 15 mile test rides and lots of idling time I wound up using gas from the can so I lost track of how much gas I really used. When I finally got back on track at the first station fill-up I was showing almost 50mpg (doing mental math), but the last several hundred miles it's more in the normal range, maybe a mile or two more per gallon...up to 43mpg.

A challenge I have this time of year is the temperature! Yesterday it was 50 degrees and foggy at the start, then sunny and 82 at the end!
        Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Only 650 miles Harry? You are slacking....just kidden, that's a lot of miles in a short time. So glad to hear all is well and persistence has prevailed! You should be good for a long time now. I will say this has been one of the better troubleshooting threads in a long time.
          Jason Zerbini
          Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
          Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

Comment

Working...
          X