Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Post, new member

Hi. all!
    Looking to post in the "Welcome" section but I have no "Post New Thread" button there. Seems like I have "Post New thread" in others, but not in the "Welcome" section....
    I'll catch on sooner or later!

Charlie

Welcome Charlie, this is as good a place as any to say hello. What kind of bike(s) do you have? Pics are always welcome!
    Eric Olson
    Membership #18488

Comment

Thank you,Eric! I was afraid this question was coming...but now that it's here, time to fess up. Since selling the '50 Chief and the '46 UL, I've gone through a few machines. Right now I've got a '10 Fatboy and a 2012 Ducati Monster 1100 Evo - the last of the big aircooled Monsters. At least they're air-cooled twins, right? So.....the hunt is on for another late model Chief and that's why I'm here. I miss the days of kicking around swap meets, getting home to find out the latest score doesn't fit, or, even better finding that the latest score is just what I needed. Also miss the kick start, manual spark advance, foot clutch, hand shift drill. I may end up having to build piece by piece and am trying to make my piece with that - because there's also joy in working with people who have the skills needed to keep these machines on the road... or putting something on the road that hasn't been in decades. The B/T flathead came home as a literal basket case little of which actually made it into the final bike - but man did I learn alot. I'm pretty open to whatever comes along, within financial reason, cause I'm not pursuing a showbike; just want a good reliable rider. Nothing was ever as much fun to ride as that Indian.
      Not even the Ducati (which may have to go if the right Chief comes along) and that bike is a hoot...

Comment

Charlie, no requirement that you own an old bike right now, only that you have an interest in them. Sounds like you fill that bill quite well. I'm sure you'll come across the right combination of price/project/parts soon enough and we'll all look forward to seeing that. Perhaps you can even do a build thread. Again, welcome!
        Eric Olson
        Membership #18488

Comment

Working...
        X